Guns

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well when i go hunting .. i normaly hunt my brother or sister...
i just got i new pistol... it bloody mad its called a

"Soopadoopa Ultra Galitric Frier"

2586410141_c806b9bc9b.jpg

jks

Last edited:
Mr Enfield

I am surprised nobody has mentioned .303's.

A friends has a third generation enfield. It was his grand dads. It is a beautiful thing. Has the old fashioned narrow scope. I bet it has killed a few imperialist Nazis.

I am no expert on guns but that thing could knock the apple off the head of a possum at 100 yards no problem.

Just had something nice about it. Like old bikes do.

NO NO NO! me and my father went thorugh this same problems 4 or 5 yrs ago.
we found after a lot of reseaerch not to bother with the 223. if you want want a good all round rifle, go the 22-250. its a great all round caliber because you can make some strong loads using 50gr, 55gr or 60gr projectiles for pigs, goats, and pigs to about 300-400 metres OR you can make some light loads using 40gr, 45gr and 50gr for your rabbits, hares and foxes.my father and i purchased a sako 75 heavy barrel varmit w/ a leopold vx3 24 powered scope. this is by far my favourite out of the smaller centerfire's. my father late last year chest shot a hare at 760yrds with the sako 22-250under a spotlight! thats how accurate this caliber is. it shoots very flat which is perfect for varmit shooting and target shooting. i have seen multiple times a man using a 22-250 at 500 yrds win fly shooting compitions.
i have also dropped a medium sized pig at 250yrds+ before and have shot goats at 300Yrds+ with ease. also if your looking at a 22 have a look at the 17hmr we have one in a cz and its a fantastic gun for rabbits foxes and hares. ;) this is a pic of what my 22-250 did to a fox at 479yrds
000_0147.jpg
[/IMG]

all i can say is before you by a gun research all your options and also think of what your going to be shooting now and in the future, where you'll be shooting now and in the future and shop around.:D :)

i hope i have helped you a bit. good luck dont forget to send us a pic or two

some interesting information there, i dont see myself shoting animals at this stage because i wont be eating the animals i kill so i see no point to kill an animal for the fun of it, also the bullets your talking about can they actually be bought fron a gun shop or would i have to make them myself, if i had to do it myself i dont think i could see myself doing that, just because i wouldn't be confident enough to fire something i put togther, lol, i could see something going wrond, plus the expensive of buying the things to put them togther aswell, maybe in a couple of years but not straight away

thanks for all this info guys

yeah i remember my first shot of the old mans belgim made over under
man my shoulder cained for days

but untill you have felt the fear and force of a mach 10 or ak ya haven't lived
scarey stuff

a good does of heavy artilary never goes astray

bloody foxes are everywhere in the country and are killing in force
to bad they taste like sh!t
but a good rabbit stu is the best of the best

Join up with a shooting forum. Talk to the blokes who actually know this stuff (no effence to you guys). Also get around, go to gun and ammunition stores and deffinatly go down to your local range and the'll be able to help you out. Are you looking at shotguns aswell or jusr rifles?

Also, to you pricks who are having ago about some of us killing animals. I kill animals and proud of it! When I kill varmint (Rabbits, Foxes etc) I find that I'm actually doing something good, espically when I kill rabbits and foxes. If I didn't kill so many foxes down my way, there would be alot of dead lambs and small native animals. I don't have a gun but I use a bow and arrow. Other than that, if yours don't like this topic then piss off!

some interesting information there, i dont see myself shoting animals at this stage because i wont be eating the animals i kill so i see no point to kill an animal for the fun of it, also the bullets your talking about can they actually be bought fron a gun shop or would i have to make them myself, if i had to do it myself i dont think i could see myself doing that, just because i wouldn't be confident enough to fire something i put togther, lol, i could see something going wrond, plus the expensive of buying the things to put them togther aswell, maybe in a couple of years but not straight away

thanks for all this info guys

yer kingers you can buy lots of different loads from the local gunshop and if they dont have it in they will be able to order it because its a well known gun.
also, i definatly recommend looking in to reloading your own loads because its really easy. just go to a local firing range and askm around for info. even ask the range officers because they are at the range every day and they have seen and know alot of things too.

shooting animals is a thing that i dont think i could do,its just pure F*****G cruelty.

i bet it would be fun shooting and trying to get an animal while its on the run,yeh ill agree that it would be fun but i just dont think i could kill a "LIVING" thing for the sake of 2 seconds of fun???

unless somthing killed my dog or somthing like that then i would shot em or if some one hurt a family member etc etc etc ,then im pretty sure i could shoot up some "ASS'S"

so your an animal lover but you would kill people if they killed your dog???? OK ???

^^^wtf now your just being a tosser buddy act your age mate not your shoe size

thanks for all the hlep guys, might go down to the local gun shop 2moro and have a look at the 22-250 and ask a couple of questions about them, might even have a look into getting a .303

Sometimes a man has needs

I gots a hankering for one of them rotary machine guns likes used to hang off the bottom of the phantoms. It had a little windmill that popped out the side. Bet you could strap one of those pods to the side of almost anything. Then the next time some wank*r in a 4x4 comes at me from out of the sun I am going to blow him all over the sky....

well been down to the gun shop today and now have bought a marlin .22 lr and a howa 22-250.

A few of the guys on the shooting forum didnt really like this choice for some reason they said i should have gone with the .223. would this be because i have not really shot riffles to much or is there another reason?

How much difference between the two in felt recoil would there be? and also cant really remember but whats the prices of the 223 ammo compared to the 22-250 i think the difference was only 5 bucks but cant remember that well

were is the fun in killing a live animal

There isnt BUT in cases of foxes and other introduced species that kill native species its a necessity. If i was to shoot a fox Id be EXTREMELY happy since here in Tassie I would score 10gs for my troubles.

I shoot Vermin, such as fallow deer, rabbits, over populated wallabies etc in Forestry Areas where i am licensed and permitted to shoot. Deer/goats/wallabies will eat small trees that have been planted and of course then teh tree wont mature so we do what has to be done. We also eat what we shoot.

I shoot with an appropriate calibre rifle as to make the kill as quick as possible and wont take a shot unless I know we will get a clean kill.

If anyone has a problem with it all become a VEGAN not a vegetarian a VEGAN, if not get over yourselves.

well been down to the gun shop today and now have bought a marlin .22 lr and a howa 22-250.

A few of the guys on the shooting forum didnt really like this choice for some reason they said i should have gone with the .223. would this be because i have not really shot riffles to much or is there another reason?

How much difference between the two in felt recoil would there be? and also cant really remember but whats the prices of the 223 ammo compared to the 22-250 i think the difference was only 5 bucks but cant remember that well

congrats on the purchases mate, i took my old man out on friday night for a spot light and only went out to have some fun, we didnt have any expectation or nothing like that. we drove into the first paddock an shot 13 foxes! by the end of the night we got 37 ( most of which where shot with the sako 75 varmit heavy barrel in 22-250).
was great night out and had lots of fun. we were using 40gr nosler ballistic tips, mate they are by far my favourite 40gr, they just work so well out of my gun.

and goin up to a huge station up near darwin in a month, going up to have a go at hunting some buffalo again, cant efing wait. (taking up the pitbike too) ahah.

anywho let me now how you get on with the 22-250

Latest posts

Back