Having trouble with mi MINI!

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey, i tried putting more fuel & oil in, i had a look at the spark plugs & they are cool, what else could it be u guys?

i would get some good 2 stroke oil like motal full synthetic and run it at 40:1 with some premium fuel after cleaning air filter and spark plug and carby also make sure there are no holes in fuel line just to be sure but i think you would know already if there was if it was blowing heaps of smoke you need to lean out the fuel and blow out the oil with some good revs

thanks, i'll give those all a shot tommorow, the bike runs 25 - 1, if i ran it at 40 - 1 it would screw it up more, although today he fuel didn't seems to start pooring in, maybe there is too mucn of 1 thing, how can u tell?

hey, i tried putting fuel & oil in, still it doesn't work! i tested the spark plugs & they are giving sparks, WHAT COULD IT BE!!

Hi Pascal, Don't know if you've sorted you prob yet, but if the bike is run in it should be running 40:1 fuel oil mix. 25:1 will cause it to smoke and will also oil up the plug. Also with your spark plug, then can often look good and produce spark outside the cylinder, but won't fire under compression. In my granddaughters race bike (KTM 50) it behaves exactly as you described when the plug is failing, IE splutters and stops, will restart but not run, then wont start. BTW her KTM runs 40:1.

Hope this helps.

I've seen this problem on numerous bikes, it usually happens when: the bike has no fuel, its not getting enough air (clogged airfilter), the mixture is wrong, or the spark plug isnt working properly (usually due to incorrect mixture).

Just give it more fuel and see what happens, is the air filter clogged? And the spark plug should be a lightbrown colour, check that too.

This used to happen alot on a Z50 I had, I cleaned the air filled, checked the spark plug, and adjusted the mixture and didnt have any problems after that, infact it had atleast 50% more power aswell.

he has riddne it like 5 times, all not even close 2 anything clogging the air filter, he rid it around the backyear with grass for around 5 minutes a time for 5 times & nothing able to clogg it, then he rid it on road (old abondoned car park) i have checked the spark plug, yeh light brown, i will try doing more fuel & less oil, only prob it i filled the tank, so i can't really fit more fuel in.

Hmm this also happened on my bike a couple of times and I didnt know why but I just waited a day and it started working again..

Hope you get it fixed.

i tried 2 days in a row aswell, don't kno wat it is, maybe i'll hav 2 take it in2 a dirtbike maintanance place, only thing is it had better not cost more than $50 cos its all the bike is worth, lol

u guys, still isn't working, anymore suggestions???
i rlly need ur help, mi brother is gonna fuckin rip mi balls off soon! he gets fuckin angry the little guy! he is only 120cm tall but he is more evil that a japanese marshial arts guy on cocaine!

don't need 1, i checked it & ti's giving a spark, it's not fouled wither, wtf is going on!

i'm gonna assume your battery is charging right. try the fuel lines. We had the same problem with my dad's kz650. i personally don't know much about 2 strokes but have you checked inside the block for something that might have broken off? You could have problem with exhaust too. Did you check that end of the bike? there could be exhaust in the cylinder block that won't com bust. like i said i don't do alot of work on 2 strokes so the last one would be something to check on a 4 stroke and mabie a 2 stroke? idk

i know.....i had the same problem on my pit bike. i done everything you could think of, cleaned carby tried to tune it moved the pin up and down new spark plug checked wiring...everything and finally i noticed the fuel line was kinked.......get some cable ties and cable tie it down to your air filter so that the fuel line isnt bent too much otherwise not enough fuel gets through...try that

i can get a picture if you want to show you what i done

thanks, i'll ask mi dad 2 what u mean, he is the expert, 25 years or riding & now rides like the 2nd fastest bike, Yamaha R1, thaat thing is AWSOME, i once challenged him 2 a race, sadly he couldn't stop laughing for the next hour & a half! lmao

lol sorry i cant get pics my bike is in pieces cos i bent ma frame doing jumps lol

Latest posts

Back