hc piston OR irk

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubes380

Reaction score
Hey guys thinking of doing one of them to start off with and am asking whos got what and what do they think of it and what i should do

What im asking is what would be more noticable towards the 'go' of the bike a irk or a hc piston

oh yeah i got a 138cc pitpro hope this helps me make a decision.

JUST installed irk

G'day mate, I run the same motor as you. I irk is great for throttle response. But you have to ride it more like a two stroke higher in the rev range if you want to maintain engine torque. Climbing hills for example you need to rev the bike harder. But I expected that. I think the valve springs are fine. You moto must be new so I'd probably go for the irk and upgrade the barrel and pistin to 140cc when you blow up the 138(127 really). We are already seeing a price war on all these parts, so make friends with Roost or ESD and get yourself a good deal. I have a question for you. Does your bike rev out propererly with the 30ml carb. I had to change to a 25ml to get it reving perfect.
Peace bro, ride on.

i and many others do not think the carby's are genuine 30mm! as my carby "26mm" was actualy 25mm! i have read they are in actual fact 26mm

as long as the entry and exit points on the car eqaul that of 25mm,26 or 30mm it doesnt care about the internal as the slide is there doing its job

is the 25mm carb ur running on ur pitpro a ebay style item?if so are u running a bigger jet?

ive got both in my 138cc lifan and it goes so good now but id probly say do the irk first then see if u like it

na the carby is stock and my bro has a dhz 138cc and seems to pull harder maybe ill jet it first or replace the whole carby

Its possible to run both without cracking cases isnt binky you havent had any trouble have you

Latest posts

Back