head gasket

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pimpin_orion

Reaction score
hey im just wondering if any could help me out because i am still a bit fresh to the pit bike scene. i thought a had screwed the rings in my ducar so i decided to see if i could get them out so i undid all the nuts and bolts but then i couldnt get the timing chain off and shit. so then i put it all back but i screwed my head gasket up and i still cant get the timing chain off can anyone guide me throught how to do it all or send me a ducar engine manual or something.

p.s. the problem wasnt the rings i later found out it was running on jet fuel.

cheers tim

haha jet fuel =D nice did she go hard ??

umm when i took mine off wat i did was take the three screws out that were holding the sprocket on at the top of the head (after your take the little round cap off) and the slid the head off and the chain stayed with the crackcase.

if thats wat your after?? maybe not?

ok sweet ill give it a shot 2moz its just that i dont want to mess with the timing chain and screw up all the valves and shit thanks 4 the help.

and no it barely went with jet fuel i had to start it with full choke and nearly full throttle just 4 it to idle but that is mainly because jet fuel is a more pure form of diesel

yea to get the timing chain off you have to undo the bolts in the cam sprocket. just make sure the piston is at tdc and also wen assembaling that the cam chain is on the crankshaft sprocket.

there is a mark on the flywheel and a mark on the sproket, make sure it lines up with the head and the cases. to remove the cam chain remember to undo the cam chain tensioner at the bottom of the cases (it looks like an oil drain bolt) it will put some slack into the chain so it's easier to remove

Latest posts

Back