head rebuild help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkark

Reaction score
hi all , well i think i need 2 re build my 140cc head / valves/cam ,,, seen a new one ,stock 4 a 140cc on ebay for $115 , + $25 fro the gasgets ,, just like 2 know how hard it is 2 do ?? ,, and has any one got a link 4 a video on how 2 do it plz ,, or some picture , need as much help as i can get ,,, thx you all 4 your help :)

why do you need to do it for your bike isnt that old mines 6 months old and has been ridden a fair bit and is fine

what is wrong with yours and what makes u think you need to replace it???

hi ,, ok ,i was riding on the week end and the bike let out a sqeel from the head ,then started 2 rattle bad in the head ,, stop the motor stright a way and went home,the next day ,motor cold i reset the valves from .002 in / .003 out ,,,, to .003 in and .005 out and the motor is running ok ,but still has a rattle in the head ,, i was thinking that the valves are burnt out/ or damaged in some way ,, so i was thinking of a top end rebuild would do the trick !

My motor rattles abit from the top end, pulled it down a couple of times and checked the valve clearences and all is good. But it may pay to check the top end on your motor just for safety sake and to see how it's going.

myinerattles to the shit house and its the same as yours a dhz 140 but ALL! 4 strokes rattle mate even dads xr 650 and crf250 they all do it but our kx250 doesnt and mine is flogged crashed and rattles from the head like crazy but it still goes hard and hasnt missed a beat

you can get a good price from TBOLT USA, it is about $120 shipped, and I beleive he gives you a discount if you return the stock head. It comes complete

cool thx 4 that ,,i,ll look in 2 it :) ,, if i /when i do the head up ,,i think i,ll be looking at some race parts , 7.0 cam /7.1 cam ,which is beat ?? heavy valves spring,, over sized piston ,, and a biger oil cooler ,, may be just be cheaper 2 get a yx 140cc or a 150cc motor ,,, what do you all think i should do ?????

go with yours as long as it does and then look for the new Lifan 150...best engine out there right out of the box!!

i got a new 140cc head that i didnt end up using for a build i did, want $80 plus postage for it pm me for more details

Latest posts

Back