Heavy duty clutch problems

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tormentandglory

Reaction score
I just fitted an akunar HD clutch kit to my yx150. The springs are far stiffer than stock and about 10mm longer. It seems that the springs may be to hard, because when you pull the clutch in, it doesn't totally release. The only way I can stop the clutch dragging is to adjust the cable until there is a little bit of preload on it. Not very cool :( I think the pressure plate that holds the springs in might be flexing and soaking up all the travel.

Does anyone know if its possible to buy a heavy duty pressure plate or am I gonna have to make one?

never heard of any ...but I put only two of the four tuff springs inside ...much easier to manage and it holds up well!

That sounds like a good idea. I emailed akunar and he suggested shimming out the plate a few mm's to take some preload off it. I'll have a play with it today. This time i wont put oil in it until i know it works!

Tried it with only 2 of the heavy springs. Its better, but still not good. I think I need to get a clutch lever that gives me a bit more pull.

thats weird...are you sure the plates settle in the right way??

Latest posts

Back