helmet cams?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just make sure you get the black edition mate. especially if you want to edit your videos you can easily slow the movie down to look real cool.

I have the liquid image ego helmet camera and it's awesome!!! I would put it on a par with the gopro anyway!!! Built in wifi helps at the track and being able to download it straight to a smart phone is very handy!!!

Im waiting for my go kart to arrive so I can mount it on the radiator and get some trick footage :)

I have got the camera and have tested it out. First impression was that it felt sturdy and had plenty of mounting options. I have dropped it twice already once on to concrete and not a scratch! mounting it to my helmet though was a little tricky but is a bit easier with road helmets. Video quality is very clear and good contrasts between sky and ground. I am yet to try the handle bar mount. Used it in my car today aswell, Its good on smooth roads but shakes a bit on the bumpy stuff. It sat on a lean when mounted to my helmet but have fixed that now with sticky foam pads provided with the camera but that was after I took the video linked below. The mic on it is not very good but as a little extra you get a external mic which can be cliped to your shirts if you want to talk.
8383577144_39b10229cb_z.jpg

8382494249_b06c1d5a11_z.jpg

Here is the movie which I had to keep short because I have slow and not much internet:(
It was filmed at 720p 50fps.
MOVI0018 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

just make sure you get the black edition mate. especially if you want to edit your videos you can easily slow the movie down to look real cool.

Yeah mate I'm planning on it, but I can't really bring myself to pay anymore than $400 for it. So unfortunately I'm going to have to wait. :(

Yeah mate I'm planning on it, but I can't really bring myself to pay anymore than $400 for it. So unfortunately I'm going to have to wait. :(
Have you looked at ordering strup from gopro there $399 on there website then it would just be whatever shipping is(appears to be free), Depending on the exchange rate you may save a few bucks ordering from the states

Yeah I thought about that mate, I just like to buy stuff local just incase something goes wrong with it, and supports local blokes, but its looking like I'm going to have to go that way seeings no one in Australia has them! :/

Cheers cardogs, its pretty good but when riding hard I need to lift the visor just a bit to let more air in otherwise it will fog up. You can see it open in the video.

Been doing further testing with the new camera. Strapping it every where I can think of. This being my head of cause, handle bars, my legs (pretty cool angles and stuff there), my bikes leg and then the in side of the fork leg. This last one really tested it, The setup was pretty cool and the video angle good. In the video you can see the mud guard at the top and the tyre at the bottom of the screen and the tyre moving up and down on the bumps. ANyway what happend was when I was in top gear some how with the viabrations or something it popped out of its mount and fell directly on the tyre. From my view all I saw was my camera fly out in fron of me and hit the trees lol. :) It held up fine but with only minor scuff and tyre marks it turned on. What REALLY annoys me is that it turned off before it happened and it is not the first time it has happened. So no proof:(.

Will be strapping it in more places tonight.

Latest posts

Back