helmets

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oic20v

Reaction score
Hi everyone, i am in the market of buying my first off road helmet, and just wondering what is out there and what i should look out for when buying one.
Cos the price of the helmets i came across from $80-$700.
the last helmet i ever brought was for my track days with my car, and the brand is Bell.

what price range should i go for?
what brand are best?
and i wouldnt mind spending a little extra just to be save.

and pls feel free to post up pics of what u guys have and are using.
and pls state price of your helmet and brand with the pics.

cheers guys

anything like Oneal, fox etc etc is gonna be fine
i would go for something around 250-350 bucks. you can get a madd helmet for that, most new ones feel a million bucks too, soo comfy

Hi pete

do u know are the One Industries ones any good?
cos i really like they stuff and would mind getting one.

I work in a bike shop on weekends so the best thing to do is get the best helmet you can afford - set a price range for yourself and try a heap of different helmets on. get the one that fits best.

Oneal are good helmets = buy with confidence.

Fit should be really (really) snug when new - that way you'll get a better fit and it will last longer.

If you are in the Newcastle area let me know and I can get you a good deal on a helmet.

Oh - btw One Industries are also quality helmets - in fact most of the helmets on the market are made in the same factories.

ok thanks very much guys for all ya suggestions, can anyone tell me which shop to go to in sydney CBD area,
so i can go and have a look at lunch time.

thanks again.

jjjrules i dont think i will be going to newcastle any time soon, but thanks for the offer mate.

The best thing I can suggest to someone looking to buy a new helmet or gear in general is to search for the nearest "Peter Stevans clearance centre" They have all the over stocked items and at a discounted price so you can get a better range helmet for a lower range price.

I got my Fox V2 (The one that is really bright with dragons etc on it) For only $200 normally $270 I think it was and they also had some other great gear for cheap. The guy fitted me with the helmet so I knew exactly what size was meant for me as I was actually wrong with what I chose. You should have it tight enough that its hard on your cheeks and when you talk your almost biting the insides of your cheeks it feels uncomfortable if you havnt worn a helmet this tight before but once you wear it in it is great and I love my V2 it seems great so far...

Sam thanks for the advise, i will look in the peter stevans clearance centre.
just hope is not to far away and sydney has them. cost i havent heard of them b4.
but i am a noob with all this.

thanks again for all the guys that posted in my threat it really help me aabit.

Latest posts

Back