help advice Cr 80 possible build

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did another quick run around around the block with the GPS and came up with a top speed of 81kms. Still in need of fine tunning and the suspension need stiffing up but is a hoot to ride can't wait till i can get it out at archy.

On a side note where can i get a stiffer shock spring on the cheap?.

SANY0205.jpg

SANY0206.jpg

get some dimensions
outside diameter
installed length max and min
i can have a look for a 2ndhand one
what about the front ?

Cheers mate that would be a great help.
outside dim = 67mm
250mm max
220mm min
The standard spring is a 4.4kg/mm
For the front I'm still scraching my head i have put $3 of 20 cent pieces in each fork I might see what it will cost to strighten the one that has a slight bend in it and put 15w fork oil in it. They really need new bushes and if i was going to do that I would do the seals and revalve and then I will be spending a fair wack on a set of old conventional forks. On the other hand I might look at getting a USD front end off a pitty for $300 for Marzzochi copies. Any thought on this??

i think you will have to be the triple clamps as well as my KTM85 front shocks are a bigger diameter that my pitty.

i think you will have to be the triple clamps as well as my KTM85 front shocks are a bigger diameter that my pitty.

Yeh that was for the forks triples bar mounts and axle included

no good on the rear spring
i would just modify the stock forks
can get you a 01 cr80 usd front forks and triple and axle for $350

Thanks for having a look for that shock spring any how going to have to come up with something creative me thinks. The stock forks have more problems than worth fixing. Like I mentioned I have that set of marzzchoci copy's that I can get hold of for under 300 the 01 cr usd are very tempting though but might be just out of my price range I will send ya a pm.
On the subject would any one recommend running the copy's or are they rubbish?

update
USD forks and brake line thanks heaps defunk.
painted fuel tank, cheap number plate and front guard from pit bike shop.
ready for a decent test run
SANY0023.jpg

wow those forks look great. are you having fun riding it?

its hard to stick to a budget hey. i bet you want to buy more and more..

looking great
how do they compare to the conventional set
?

Yeh funk there great 100% can't wait to really push them to test them out. The hand guards came with my CRf used different type on it.

Took the Cr out to archy for a test run this morning only did two sessions. At first I was a bit disappointed and was a bit on the slow side while getting used to riding a two stroke and those tyres are shocking. Second session was 100% better still with alot of sliding around front and rear. Hopefully be back for a full morning next sat.

those tyres are crap
pump im up hard imo
30psi

Latest posts

Back