help build me a crf $3500 to blow

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creature

Reaction score
i need some help building a crf. i want it setup for race and trails. im not sure wat the difference with 88lim and 88 mod is but i would like to no. i have around 3500 to spend maybe more.
so far all i know i want is 88kit, 10inch wheels, is a clutch a good idea or not necasary.

wat do i do haha can some one plz give me a quick leeson on how this scene works haha cheers mick

ok mate i want it to look nice and small tho like stock race 50s?? if that makes sence and probbably a disc rear. how do i go about getting all the required parts..

what about buying one already built{second hand}?? also
wat is the diff between 88mod and 88lim
cheers for ur help mate

if i was you id buy

stock crf50
trail bikes 88cc kit race head
+2+3..etc swingarm
tall seat
bmx bar kit
+1 fork legs
12 inch front rim (maybe heavy duty rear rim and spokes )
ishock or fox float
hd foot peg mount and pegs

imo thats the best bang for buck option unless you got a couple grand more to build from scratch..

just personal preference really. better in sand/mud though also helps to level the bike out if you have a longer swing arm

rito so it would still sit level?? wat do i have to do to get 12inch front on it where do i buy these parts from??

i buy alot off my parts from the usa its just a matter off finding the best price for the part you want

FIVE O RACING - THE BEST PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH
FAST 50S
AHP MINIS
KAOS 50S - GREAT PEOPLE TOO

just a few shops ive dealt with and recommend

Last edited:
you seem to not no much about mini's at all lol and you wanna jump straight into a 3500 grand crf theres probly like 5-6? people on this site with crf50's , do you even no if your into it lol?

piss of dick head i have had 2 crfs already and a pittboss i have now but i have never built one myself.
and mate why buy shit for lesser money that u are going to fix every time u ride it...

hey creature if youve got 3500 to spend why not get a proper dirt bike instead of a fifty. could put that money into a real nice bike. if thats what your keen on and got money lyin about though then yer hope all goes well but i just find i spend money on stuff like that then think what else i couldave bought with it haha

Make sure you post up some picture's when it is done :)
maby even a video?

good luck

10-12 wheels are better you will definitely notice the difference..especially on trails. and a clutch is just personal choice only reason i would want one is coz ive seen clutch kits sell for as cheap as $80ish us dollers..

stock crf50 with bar kit stiffer springs (the basics) -$800
bore kit... depends what you want.. 260+350ish for 88cc kit 400++ for 88Rhead kit.
... personally thats all i would spend for the time being.. lol cruise around on that till you get bored ,, if you bend frame replace 400-600 .. if the stock forks are to shit replace..700+ for decent pair , longer swingarm for more stability and raise the back up abit 400+ and decent rear shock 250+ .. and new wheels if they bust... seen on AHP they got
12" Rim with spokes and 10" rim with spokes together for only $200! lace them to stock hubs.. drum brakes should be fine? unless think its a magura front brake kit that fits inside stock drum hub for 350dollers :eek: id rather keep drums for that price.

Bike = 800
BBK = 400
Frame =500
Forks =700
Swingarm =450
Shock =300
Wheels =200

= 3350
i probly missed heeps of stuff... but you said maybe spend mroe then 3500 so that will cover all the bling stuff..

you could probly get cheaper then that if you buy it all in bulk from a US Site
or just look around for a already built 50 wich you could get a heeeeps good one for 3500.

Last edited:
cheers mate that was a more usefull post
and dannygee i already have a ktm 250sxf team mtorex factory bike...

cheers mate that was a more usefull post
and dannygee i already have a ktm 250sxf team mtorex factory bike...

lol.... well your first post did make out you didnt no to much..... and you could of said you have owned that many mini's before..

rito mate do u rekon there is a chance u could type me a list of part to buy price of part and where to buy. sorry to be a pain in the ass but i hate internet shopping haha

get a fox float shock i want one so bad!! havnt heard a bad comment and everyone reckons there brilliant!! hmmm

Latest posts

Back