HELP Can't Start My Bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helmotbros

Reaction score
Hey all, today i went to start my bike and went to kick it over and it nots starting. I tried a million times to start it and nothing. i changed the spark plug, put fresh fuel in, fresh oil and nothing. The last thing i did with it was a burnout could that be why its not starting? help

i have and still nothing and ive tried push starting down a hill bout 6 times and still nothing

Take the plug out and stick it in the spark lead, kick it over and see if its got spark!

Than youll know where to look next.....

Make sure your kill switch is ON lol

If you have washed your bike you could have water in the connections!

i used it a week ago and it was fine, didnt wash it like it didnt get dirty or anything and now it wont start

Seeing your getting no spark, see if you can borrow a mates CDI box and try it on yours,

Good chance yours has died!

Check the connection for your kill switch too,

Youll just have to work through all the possibilities and eliminate them 1 by 1!

i cant see a spark but when i push start the engine you can hear it kicking over before it dies. does that mean i HAVE a spark

yer shite loads. could it be the magneto as someone suggested to me?

yer shite loads. could it be the magneto as someone suggested to me?

If its spark related than yes it could be that,

also could be :

*Wiring problem
*CDI failed
*Spark lead
*Magneto
*Spark plug
*Ignition Coil
*Faulty Killswitch
*Dirty wiring connector somewhere

im borrowing my friends cdi so i can check if its that and im getting a multimeter to test the magneto but how do you get to it. i know where it is but i cant get the case off.

What is this ? it sits next to the CDI. Is it where you put the multimeter to test the magneto?
2kfx55.jpg
mcbyih.jpg

Its the relay for the electric start motor.

yer figured that after i posted oops. but do u know how to test the cdi and magneto???? i really need to know

get a screwdriver, hold it in your right hand. Put your spark plug into the spark plug lead and hold that in your left hand.

Hold the screw driver next to the spark plug ( about 5 cm away)

get someone to kick the bike over.

If you get a small electric shock.. you have spark, cant miss it.

yer it doesnt spark so whats wrong my magneto, cdi or coil. im asking how to individually test em. and as of today i have lost compression. this bike is really starting to piss me off

Latest posts

Back