help choosing 125cc

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry forgot to add
it is abit of a nube question but the A5 has a steel frame and the A7R has a alloy frame

which frame is also better

Thanks

hhhmmm i wouldn't bother with either of them really but thats just me.........one thing i find quite funny is the following in bold

* Lifan 125cc Race Spec, single Alloy cylinder, 4 stroke
* 2008 Updated and straightened ALLOY Frame with cradle support
* Upside-down front forks
* Gas filled Rear shock
* High Performance aluminium exhaust
* Aluminium swing arm And ball bearing swing arm
* Aluminium brake & clutch lever
* Racing hubs with heavy duty spokes
* Aluminium footrest
* Cpb Racing Handle Bars
* Aluminium magneto cover
* Aluminium fuel cap
* Cpb Racing High Flow air filter
* Chain tensioner,chain guard,alloy chain adjuster
* 100% MIKUNI carbie 28MM
* NGK spark plug
* KMC 428 chain
* Tyre (12'F ,12'R)
* Start mode kick start
* Clutch mode manual
* Front & Rear Brakes hydraulic disc
* Dimension 1650*645*940mm
* 3 Months Warranty Parts & Labour

hhhhmmm straightened lol

staight as i die now

certantly wouldn't bother with either

take the grand for the alloy peace of crap save a bit extra then give the crew at mso a call

then you'd be on a winner with the 140s

hell if ya gunna get that crap save some money and buy a shitpro there the same but cheaper

the mso is the way to go there for sure

Yeah Sneeky listen too the boys ...with ya discount for bein a member here it won't be be much more than a couple of hundred bucks .... Those subframes are dodgy an I have'nt seen one of those mufflers on anything decent for a while and the smaller exhaust diameter won't help it breath .... I been on em for a few years now ... as well as lots of others on here and you won't find a bad word .

In fact their after sales is the standard others are held to ....and unfortunately to often fall short of .

Go the MSO :cool:

Yeah Sneeky listen too the boys ...with ya discount for bein a member here it won't be be much more than a couple of hundred bucks .... Those subframes are dodgy an I have'nt seen one of those mufflers on anything decent for a while and the smaller exhaust diameter won't help it breath .... I been on em for a few years now ... as well as lots of others on here and you won't find a bad word .

In fact their after sales is the standard others are held to ....and unfortunately to often fall short of .

Go the MSO :cool:

oops forgot is was a 125 ...maybe that diameter is right ...but yeah why 125 ?? if ya mates get 140/150's you'll be wringin it's neck to stay with em

I fail to see why anyone would put a 28mm mikuni on a 125. Either there talkin crap or they have overkilled it. I would gues the first answer.

Whoops Ijust read the specs on the link and it says 26mm. I was goin off roost666' description but he made a typo. Sorry

Last edited:
thanks for the answers
but i think the A5 is exacly the same as the pitpro 125rr exept this has a NGK spark plug
and now uz r sayin its shit but the 125rr is better?

sorry im confused?

A couple of thing I noticed were the a5 has a much weaker looking frame than my pitpro. It doesnt have the support under the motor . I had this frame on my last pitty and the top engine mount snapped through the motor as all the weight was on the top mount. Basically the motor was stuffed cause it couldnt be mounted. Also a small thing is that i'm pretty sure if thats a lifan its the old 1p54 model, the 09 pitpro has the big valve 1p52 model. I honestly think this is only a minor thing cause how much difference can that make to one of these little underpowered motors any way. Might be wrong though. The main issue I have is the frame really.

dont touch alloy frames...it fatigues, espeially the cheap shit they use on these china bikes... if it was 6061 t6, and you were positive its t6....tempered and heat treated...which it wont be...

or one of the other alloys... 7020...weldable, high strength, doesnt need heat treatment...etc etc anything else will bend like an empty bundy can:)

god id love to make a frame out of cro-mo:) cost a fortune though...

Latest posts

Back