help converting to motard

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rainey

Reaction score
i have an 06 motovert 125 and i am looking at converting it into a mini motard soon as i have recently purchased a 150 for dirt.

Im going to put a 146 big bore kit in it as soon as i can afford it and i am currently putting a irk and lightned oil slinger in it.

I want to know is it worth setting up an oil cooler for the bike or not to worry about it. Also about the wheel setup is 12/12 like most motards and im buying either a complete set wheel and rim from maylands for 220 or just the motard rims from mso.

I have had no luck finding out where to buy some descent motard tires and i know there expensive has any1 got a link they can give me to a set

cheers

i know sum1 with a set of innova full slick race tyres for sale

a set of tards went on ebay for $87 the other nite.. keep and eye out on there becuz there is still more on there

the tyres ive seen on ebay are fair shit i want something descent , something in between the innoivas and the dunlops

has any1 tryed the continentals????

I have tried the conti's on the rear of two bikes and was not impressed they are marginally better than the kenda's

Saber

Defiantly set up an oil cooler a motard bike will generally be higher in the revs for sustained periods and the oil can get very hot so a good oil cooler is very important on hot days. I'm not a fan of the billet coolers for motard as they are not as efficient as a good radiator style one, the down side of radiator style is that they are more fragile and susceptible to blocking with dirt but at motard this generally isn’t a problem

Saber

yer the hardest part is finding someone with em. where did you get yours?

I'm running Dunlop TT92's
the michelin pilot range should be able to be ordered in by any bike store that sells michelin tyres.

TT92's are in very short supply and hard to come by (also cost more)

If you really can't find anything maybe contact the guys at Mild to Wild Motorcyles and they may be able to post them out to you.
Mild to Wild Motorcycles

Latest posts

Back