help I dentifying my pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noodlesQLD

Reaction score
Hi guys I am new to the whole pit bike scene I found this bike on one of my local buy and sell groups on Facebook it was only $120 bucks well it was more but I talked them down as it didn't run. I got it home and cleaned up all their wiring, it was earthing out and hence no spark, after that I realized it had a slow jet installed as the main jet on the mikuni carby. lucky i brought new jets when i ordered a new air filter. I have been trying to research the make and model of the bike and have so far had no luck all i can figure out is that its a 3/4 frame with a 17 on the front and a 14 on the back. Also I cant even figure out what type of engine it is. on the cylinder head it states 124cm3 but the engine model number is 152FMH and from my research that model number belongs to 110cc semi auto bikes and it has a very weird gear shift pattern its circular all down click down 4 times your in fourth click down 5 times your back in neutral 6 times 1st :/ . anyway here are a few pictures
imag0033fx.jpg

imag0032a.jpg

imag0031q.jpg

imag0030rd.jpg

imag0029my.jpg

There is so many different type of 110cc and 125cc barrels getting around of all different length barrels and skirts(strokes), Utah still have the 52mm piston but due to stroke it may be a 125cc capacity, I have also seen metal 125 stamps on some Chinese engines that just peel off. My experience with engines and engine codes is that 152 as opposed to 1p52 give or take the last 3 letters is usually a cheaper copy versions of a Lifan, ducar, zonger or Loncin, these engines usually have less strengthening in the cases and cases are thinner, and don't have the normal markings inside the cases like lifans and other name brand engines and have even seen some pistons in these engines that are not quite engine worthy. The gearbox is not to unusual but came out in that style quite a few years ago(prob more than a few).

to me it seems like its a 110cc engine and someone has whacked on a 125cc head.

certainly looks like that.. im certain its all lifan though... i wonder how the auto clutch would hold up if it has a larger bore also...

besides, if it turns over you have bought yourself a runner :) (unless there is 1/2 a valve in there)

The head doesn't come stamped with the engine capacity, its the barrel that comes stamped, so you can forget what head is on it.

yeah its the barrel that is stamped 124cm cubed and it runs pretty hard I have given it a good run through the mud, it wont stop raining here lol. I have pulled the right hand side off it and it all seems pretty clean. will pull the motor out when I have a chance and pull the whole thing apart and take some measurements and see if i can fix or change the gear shift pattern.

Latest posts

Back