Help in ID'ing an old bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sullos

Reaction score
Hi all,
A mate brought this minichopper over for me to play with last night been searching all night trying to figure out a brand name, type of engine, so I can start tearing the thing to pieces and rebuilding it.
Looks like it used to have some kind of lighting electric start at some point as the wiring looks. The pull starter has been put on before I got hold of it.
If anyone could help me id what kinda bike this is so I can possibly find manual wiring diagrams etc so I can get started Id be most appreciative.
Thanks in advance...
I can see my garage ending up with a few of these things
Pics have been uploaded and resized in a photobucket account so I dont bog up the server here with pics.
link > tktrooper/scoot - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Looks like its missing a lot of parts, but thats half the fun or rebuilding things ;)

Cheers
Steve

looks like uve got a bit of work to do on it.
but to me it looks like one of those 49cc 2 stroke china engine u get for like 50 bucks on ebay.

good luck with the wiring tho.....

but hey u got it for nothing right?

lol yep a mate likes buying these things off fleabay and such and does em up, Im on holidays and i used to work on bigger bikes last one I rebuilt was a kwaka gpx750r.
I think Ive found the engine type a 49cc 2 stroke x7, im terrible with terminology etc.
Trying to figure what wiring I can get rid of, looks like it used to have a lighting system and such on it, its got a rectifier amongst that mess of wires, so Im trying to figure whats teh bare minimum and wire up a kill switch to see if the engine runs, its got compression which dont mean much.
Just trying to remember what I used to do lol

thanks again for any helps guys and cheers Peter

wow, that wiring really is a mess! if i were you i'd just ditch the electric start all together. ive had that on my old thumpstar and the battey was always dead.

i did a similar thing the other week with a pitbike i got, the keystart had been bypassed and the battery was gone, took me a while to work it out but i managed to get rid of about 70,000 metres of unnecessary wiring :p

totally agree there twisties, seeing as its got the pulls start on it no real need fo rthe electric starter wherever that fits in, I just gotta remember if the rectifier and what I believe is a coil is neccessary, just looks like a bigger whipper snipper engine to me!
My thoughts were that the rectifier and battery and all that cabling was only needed if i was running lights blinkers etc and wanted it to charge to battery too. Tell me if Im wrong but all I need is to locate the off wire and runa switch between it and ground to bodgey a kill switch? looks like there was remnant of one on the throttle grip but no traces of the wires lol
Might take me some time to figure that part out but gives me a hobby eh

Latest posts

Back