help ktm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINI_RIDER_69

Reaction score
hey got ktm 50 and its hard to start found out its got no compression what could be wrong ?

rings??.. i thought the first thing you check is the valve clearance..

well its 50ccs, so you arent gonna get that much compression anyways id check for spark, make sure the gas isnt old, use some ether,

it might be your lower piston seal o-rings that connect to the head gasket, the 0-ring might have slipped off.

oh lol then im wrong:s thought it was a pitbike.. my bad but my bike has really had compression and thats the problem.. the timing or the valves opening and closing when you kick it

Last edited:
they have reed vales dont they?? diff type of vale

Mate, NO 2-stroke, be it pit-bike or 560 full sizer, have valves.

You do know how a 2-stroke operates don't you?

If you don't know, then don't guess...

buddy, i dont know ktm 50's .. i assumed it was the same as a crf50 .. so dont get up me for not knowing i was trying to help..far out...

Correct me if I'm wrong... But I didn't know KTM made 50cc 4-strokes either...

Last edited:
welll... ok then:confused:

its a 2 smoke, so start off, rings are gone. this will lead to the cylinder lining being ruined as well...

how thick is your wallet currently? im not sure on the exact price but a new barrell/ rebore and replate adds up to a fair bit.

i already know you got it 2nd hand, so.... sounds like its had a hard life.:( like a lack of oil etc...

if you pull off the exhaust pipe, you can see the rings through the port as you turn it over reall slow...and the scoring in the piston as welll.... then stop it at BDC, and check inside the cylinder with a torch and a lil dentists mirror on a stick...guarantee its rooted. sorry:(

start searching ebay/ parts suppliers for the new piston, rings, and wether it is possible to get the cylinder relined... some racing 2smokes cant be done, so you may have to fork out 700 odd dollars on a cylinder.... yellow pages, let your fingers do the walking;)

and shing, while youre right this time, im just gunna post this to piss you off, cause there are 4stroke nitros, there have been since the 80's, if not earlier...

many cus you havent helped with the actual question at hand....;)

losmg2091.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

now why would it have rockers, pushrods, valves and a GLOWPLUG if it WASNT a nitro 4banger?:rolleyes:

i suppose it would really help if i added a link to the thread were you mentioned all nitro engines are two strokes?

Last edited:
hahahaha owned!!!!!! hahhahahah "coreect me if im wrong" and thats exactly what he did.. you thought you would be smart and say that, will i got news for you, YOU AINT THE NEXT HEADSMESS, OR CACTUS JACK..

dhz140. This was to do with another thread. The whole prove me wrong thing was to do with KTM 50's.

Anyway. I used to be into RC cars a lot, but mainly brushless electric cars and had one nitro car. So I didn't know that you could get 4 strokes that ran on the nitro fuel. I always figured it was only 2 strokes because they used the glow plug and normal petrol wont ignite a glow plug like nitro fuel will.
Well I know I learn't something today... Thanks heads ;)

There wasn't much I could help with in the thread anyway. The question had already been answered...

Last edited:
why do i get this wierd impression headsmess is a wize old man.. haha maybe just wize..

start searching ebay/ parts suppliers for the new piston, rings, and wether it is possible to get the cylinder relined... some racing 2smokes cant be done, so you may have to fork out 700 odd dollars on a cylinder.... yellow pages, let your fingers do the walking;)

just thought I better mention this isn't a KTM it's a china 50, wouldn't have been worth 700 brand new :p

what's that in your avatar headsmess, is that thing real? reminds me of Mr Garrisons gyro vehicle invention just without the raping

Latest posts

Back