HELP ME PLEASE

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommy burns

Reaction score
Ok so I am new to pit bikes and I need some help URGENTLY...

Today I bought a 125 M2R Racing pit bike and its a 4 stroke engine I bought the correct oil and like a fool and not realizing they are not the same as 2 stroke engines I mixed the oil in the tank with the petrol, and now I cant seem to get it started, I have drained the fuel out and was wondering if I put normal uncontaminated fuel back in will it start as normal? please help bike cost me a lot and I would hate to find out that I have full messed the bike up thanks community, looking forward to hearing what you have to say :)

Probably only fouled the sparkplug, I would take off the tank, put in a litre of fresh fuel and give it a good shake, drain and repeat. Then put it back on the bike, connect up the fuel line, open the fuel petc0ck then undo the drain screw on the carb and let a litre or two of "clean" fuel drain through the carb. Then close the drain screw, put in a fresh spark plug and you should be right. It might blow smoke for a little while, possibly even foul the new plug but the oil wont have done any actual damage

Last edited:
Ok so I am new to pit bikes and I need some help URGENTLY...

Today I bought a 125 M2R Racing pit bike and its a 4 stroke engine I bought the correct oil and like a fool and not realizing they are not the same as 2 stroke engines I mixed the oil in the tank with the petrol, and now I cant seem to get it started, I have drained the fuel out and was wondering if I put normal uncontaminated fuel back in will it start as normal? please help bike cost me a lot and I would hate to find out that I have full messed the bike up thanks community, looking forward to hearing what you have to say :)
It'll be cool mate. Like motodevo said and also remove the plug nd kick it over a few times in case there is excess oil in the combustion chamber. Could create more compression and bend a valve.

If it ain't broke, break it.

Latest posts

Back