help no spark

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubes380

Reaction score
i went for a ride today and the bike was running sweet and then just came to a stop.

last time this happened the sensor on the flywheel had vibrated loose so i re postioned it ans loctited everything back together but i tried that this arvo and it didnt work.

the spark plug is good as i checked it in my brother bike and i sure that the problem isnt in the wiring as i tried all this last time and found no problems

so if anyine has any ideas as to what it might be i would like to hear them even if they seem to be a longshot.

its a pitpro 138cc pretty much brand new plus a bit standard flogging
maybe its a sign that its time i put and irk on the bike

check to see if there is power coming out of the motor wires first which will probably be any green one and black/red

longshot? it's probably just plastic shavings in the carby happens to people all the time.

Take the carby off, unscrew the float bowl, clean any unwanted stuff out of it and hold it up to the light to see if there is anything in the jet too, if there is clean it with a sewing needle (worked for me).

When screwing it back on cut the hose between the tap and the carby and put a fuel filter in, I don't know why but pitpro's don't come with them.

na im pretty sure its the spark as there is none but thanks anyway

ill check that there is pwer coming out of the engine.

anybody else??

Yeah check the magneto and double check the wires! make sure they're all clean etc.

yeh im pretty sure its the magneto cos i was sticking srewdrivers in there trying to get the flywheel off when i got angry cos it wouldnt come off. so i think i might have damaged it but ive been hanging to test out a inner rotor so maybe its a sign that its time

yeah, buy an IRK if you want one. it basically replaces everything electrical on the bike. new magneto, new loom and new CDI. only electrical component that stays is the kill switch.... so if it still doesnt spark when you get the IRK, thats the only place the problem can be.

when you get the IRK make sure you loctite all the screws on the stator and the ignition pickup, my stator came loose and started grinding on the rotor... it had spark when i put it back on but the engine just wouldnt fire, must have been firing at the wrong time. bought a new motor instead of a new IRK tho ;)

Hey NinetySix is there a wire on the IRK that doesn't go anywhere?

On my stock lifan engine there is one and when I enquired at the motorcycle wreckers that rec reg pitbikes they said if you have this wire it will cost $150 for rec rwc, if you don't they will charge $400 so I need this wire and won't be able to upgrade to IRK if it doesn't have it.

Thanks

i bought a cheapo irk, and it only had two wires comming out of the engine... my new motor has like 5

im guessing they are supplying battery powered lights instead of magneto powered lights for the extra $250, that sounds a bit much to me tho... maybe ring around for a few more prices, even try and find a battery powered headlight and taillight yourself

Latest posts

Back