Help part missing will my bike ride ok?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FREAKS_UK

Reaction score
Got my bike off ebay as a used bike and having had a good look at it and finding things wrong i noticed that the chain roller tensioner thingy or what ever you call it lol is missing and that steal rod that its ment to attach to is snapped off so will the bike be ok to set the chain will enough slack and just ride it without the chain roller thing? i dont use the bike for big jumps or stuff like that i just use it on my local field and mess about ive attached a file showing the pic of what im talking about...Please everyone give me your personal advise cheers...

Attachments

• Missing.JPG
    Missing.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 27
hey im not an expert but im guessing it should be ok i think the roller is there to keep the chain straight and not bounce around so for just stuffing around in it should be ok but as i said im not an expert.

It should be relatively ok. That roller is there to stop the chain bouncing up onto the swing arm and into te chassis and all sorts of crazy places (you wouldn't guess where i've seen gouge marks caused by a chain!!).

It might be possible to jurry rig something up yourself. Perhaps an old skateboard wheel would work? If you wanted, you could buy a small round piece of hard plastic from any shop that sells bearings and nuts and bolts and stuff, drill a hole into it and use that.

Of course, you'll need a shaft to mount it on as i believe you said yours snapped off. Perhaps you can get someone to weld another bit of steel onto whats left of the old one?

Good luck mate

Matty

hay mate, you will be fine. due to the fact that you have the a-frame swingarm your pivotal point from the front sproket to the swingarm mount and that in conjuction with the rear sproket position shouldnt create much slack in your chain. unlike my swingarm whereby i have a sprung fed chain roller due to X inches of slak in the chain while sitting, your design is much simpler and thus less room for error. if you find the underside of your swingarm is being chewed up, go out and buy a teflon chopping block and make yourself a little guard to stick in place on the point of damage for protection purposes.

hope this helps.

Cheers, Tony.

Latest posts

Back