help please motovert 160r

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1trick

Reaction score
i just bought a motovert 160 r . the last 3 days i have been riding an what not. i have had no probs with the bike at all. i did notice today i bought of a gear noise though. so i decided to take a bit of a look and found the engine sprocket for the chain was sort of loosish. but u cant tighten it. it has 2x 10 mm head bolts that thread into a plate that locks in and holds the sprocket on . so the sprocket cant come off but it moves from side to side ( end play ) . i asked me mate who had the same engine in his pit pro. he said his was the same ? can anybody please shed some light on this if anybody has any info . cheers

They naturly move on all motorbikes even my road bike it needs a bit of free play so the chain doesnt come off thats totally normal for it to move but the gear noise does it sound like its coming from the engine? or more the chain rubbing?

well my mates CRF 450 dont move an my mates xr250 doesnt move at all . i was like wtf ! lol becos iv only just finished running the bike in prolly only riden it 3 hours. bit frustrating trying to work out how tight to have the chain when ur off it , the chain is loose . when u sit on it , its goes tight. grrrrrrrr. bike runs well though . not sure weather to write up a full reveiw on the bike .

haha between me and my family we have like 14 bikes/quads and they all move a bit side to side. Like they wouldnt move alot but there should be a bit of play in there. I thought it wasnt normal at first but then i thought if there was no play soon as your tyre moves the chain would come straight off

are you talking about the front sprocket? if so, yeah on all my bikes its loose, i swap sprockets on my lxr regularly for different tracks and its always got a little play
160ho is looser then my gpx125 but its fine

Just checked mine and my brothers pittys yeah they have play in the fron sprocket.

Also make sure your chain isn't too tight when u sit on the bike leave enough slack in it so when u do sit on the seat it still spins freely without sounding like its binding up and about to snap !

Keep it lubed well too there not the best chains .. mines started to stretch a bit now ... almost time to upgrade it i think.

Latest posts

Back