help putting headlight on pitpro 140

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atomik250

Reaction score
my mate has a pitpro 140, no battery, no elec start etc , basic..

he has tried putting voltage regulator on but the bike just keeps stalling when connecting? anyone know how to do this?

Sound to me like it is incorrectly wired or you need to up the Idle to allow for the extra load on the motor.

Does it run at all? Does it run then die? More info would be handy.

why is it that certain subjects always pop up in batches?

does the engine have a yellow and a white wire, or two yellow wires coming from it? if not, it wont run headlights, it will need a new stator plate to do so...:)

search right click, open in new tab/window;)

ok it has 5 wires running from stator 3 are used by ignition, cdi whatever, etc but two extra are 1 solid green 1 black with white trace green has not voltage at all (earth) but black /white trace has 50 volts at idle 60-65 volts full revs with multimeter wtf ps by the way its a 2009 pitpro 140cc big foot fitted with yx140cc oil cooled engine if that at all helps regards nick

Last edited:
i had a voltage reg of an xl 250 which req two inputs from stator then a ground then it had one power going out i could connect the reg wires and everything but as soon as i grounded it to the frame bang engines cuts even at high revs

are you sure the regulators any good? and that you definitely have the right wires? dont attach the green wire to anything but the green wire from the cdi unit....

black is frame is earth is negative...

and if its dying, even at full revs, it sounds like youre killing the spark somehow. the generator coil should have no effect on the ignition at all....

would be handy if you had a timing light or a neon bulb you could check the spark out with when it does it... then youd know fo sho:)

weel im taking bike to auto elec tommorrow to see if something can be done i know it can because pitpro sell a 140 which can be road reg with dash lights and everything so obvisosly something can be done

uuum what? pitpro don't have a road reg bike, maybe you're thinking of the motovert rx?
my yx 140 has no lighting coil, not fair :(

Latest posts

Back