Help starting my new MSO 140S

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feddy

Reaction score
Hey guys sorry if i put this in the wrong place but I was wondering if I could ask for some assistance. I just bought today an MSO 140S and so far im loving it although I havn't actually gotten to thrash it yet because I was told I have to wear in the engine or something like that.

I was wondering If anyone could give me some pointers on how to "PROPERLY" start the bike. I know I have to let some sort of air out when i first kick start it if that makes sense but no idea what to do with the choke and how to properly start it and idle it.

I am a very big noob and I do know how to ride just not like a pro. Besides the bike is for my 11 year old brother :p. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Not really sure what u mean by letting the air out. Pitty noob here too. Only had exp on 450+ engines. Bigger bikes have a decompression lever. Is this what u mean?

I have been searching the tech page with no luck so far. My wife is buying me a rx125 for my Bday. I too would like to know about apropriate run in proceedure. ie inital oil change time? RPM run in (not sitting on a constant/high/low RPM).

That's exactly what i meant all those different types of things that you suggested like when to change the oil and stuff and yeah I meant the decompression lever. Thanks

I was wondering If anyone could give me some pointers on how to "PROPERLY" start the bike. I know I have to let some sort of air out when i first kick start it if that makes sense but no idea what to do with the choke and how to properly start it and idle it.

I am a very big noob and I do know how to ride just not like a pro. Besides the bike is for my 11 year old brother :p. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I think you are talking about TDC or top dead centre ...which is where you want your piston ...I guess it could be described as "letting air out " ...it's a knack you'll pick up ,personally I find it easier to feel on bigger and especially older 4 strokes .

As for choke you only should ever need it to start the bike when it's cold ...NEVER while you are riding it ....just till it warms up.

Ken and Linda provide a great run in process list ... email them if you didn't get one they'll be more than happy to send you one.:cool:

Last edited:
Thanks heaps for the help guys. There is also one more thing. First gear kinda has high revs and im not too sure if its meant to be like that but I did call Linda and she told me that it could be normal but she hasn't gotten back to me yet as she had to ask Ken so I thought i'd ask here.

When I took off in first i didnt even accelerate and the bike went on its own. If i let go of the clutch It stays in a high rev and just goes on its own untill i change to second gear then the revs drop and it sounds normal again. Is this normal or is there a way to fix it?

Thanks for the help.

not sure but maybe you chock is up or down? depends some carbys are up some are down?

Yeh the choke is up and it idles but when i put the choke down it idles for a few seconds then cuts off. If i put the choke back up the revs sound the same again.

Yeh the choke is up and it idles but when i put the choke down it idles for a few seconds then cuts off. If i put the choke back up the revs sound the same again.

umm well let it have high revs for a bit till it warms up.
is this the problem or even when its warm is does this?

even when its warm it does this. I got it to stall a couple of times but most of the time the revs do sound kind of high. Is there a way to change the revs on the carby. The fuel is set to full tank. The choke is up its just sometimes the revs sound high and the bike wont stall even in first gear.

maybe you are running to lean?

i thought this happens when you are cold not warm
so if not this then i wouldnt have a clue
sorry

Yeh I was running to lean. I had to adjust the pin on the carby it was too tight once i loosened it all went smooth. I'm loving the bike it works wonderfully and is great fun.

Thanks for the help guys. Time to work out how to mod it and add some touches here n there :p

Thanks heaps again.

Latest posts

Back