Help..throttle cable replacement

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roscoe_w

Reaction score
HI gents

Bought a new 1/4 throttle for my DHZ, and now need to replace throttle cable for a longer one. I have stripped everything and removed the old cable without any issues.

When I went to replace the cable, I accidentally pushed the needle out and without noticing a sort of "boomerang" shaped flat piece of metal fell out.

My question is what is this, and how do I put it back? Where does it go?

Thanks kindly
Ross

The little "boomerang" pce holds your needle in. Shouldnt have any particular way it sits, just squeeze it gently, sit it over the needle C clip and it will spring out and hold the needle in place.

Not too technical mate.

EDIT: Just re-read your post...Are you talking about the actual C clip off the needle?

No the C clip is still on the needle. Its a additional piece of flat metal, sort of shaped like to arc's back to back. Sorry pretty hard to explain.

Any ideas?

it sound like what minifighter just said to u some carbs have a c clip type set up others have a plate that the spring puts pressure on to hold the needle in
hope that helped

Yeah sounds like the spring that holds the needle/C clip in place. To stop in coming out.

Just sit your needle back into the slide, squeeze the spring clip softly so it sits in on top of the c clip and let it go, should spring out a bit and stop your needle from coming out.

That make sense, and I can imagine it, and will give it a go.

Thanks heaps!!

Latest posts

Back