Help with buying new bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not saying a pitpro will fail every time you ride it like mine did. I'm just saying DHZ is a better bike at a lower price with better quality control and better after sales service.

btw last time I rode the pitpro it didn't break at all, was perfect, I rode it for 4 hours jumping it and even crashed it into a rock pile and when it was time to go home it was just as good as when I got there. But I have replaced most of the parts and spent countless hours working on it to get it to this stage of reliability. But I have a tendancy to break any vehicle I pilot. So what I'm saying is some people with have heaps of problems with a bike and some people will have none, no-matter what brand bike it is.

and mitch see the thread on your shock, just move the lock nuts up the thread to soften the shock

Yeh thanks mate, it sounds like that bike has given you hell.
Yeh I will check out the suspension sometime soon and would you agree that the suspension is rock hard stock?

haha cheers Mitch, cant wait mate ill post some pics of putting it together and also when I'm doing my rec reg kit

hey paton you've made the right choice you should be happy with this bike :D
I'm very interested to see how the rec reg kit goes too

mitch I'm 23 and weigh 86kg plus riding gear so the rear shock was good for me, I just want a full adjustable setup so went for a good DNM shocker. my bro has the 125rr and his shock is crazy soft it's like a pogo stick so I was pretty happy with how stiff mine was, but yea have a play with the preload adjustment and it'll soften up for ya. I can imagine for a 60kg rider it would be pretty hard lol. another thing I found is the forks don't have enough preload and they sag a couple inches under the weight of the bike so putting some shims on the springs would fix that

yeh I sorry just a question.
whats rec reg?
I thought it meant recreational registration.. lol :)
but I cant imagine it would be exciting putting a "kit" of that together, if thats possible :D

Haha, yeh well make the 45kg, and about 170cm lol
Thanks for your help :)

rec reg kit is putting lights on your bike for recreational rego.

yep you need a moto license unless you're underage and have someone with a license riding with you

Yeh Mitch there is a thread on getting your bike rec registered on this forum, just search it. you do need a license. L's is fine, basically means that when you go out into the bush you don't get fines when the cops pull you up.

But that is the rules here in Victoria you might not need this as you are in Adelaide. I'll make a big thread on it when i get around to doing the setup for rego. But will be running in the bike and all that kinda setup first

Its a great deal Ken is awsome and he'll look after you. Get some pics up of the bike when you get it;)

Thanks.

Last edited:
ok thanks :)
do you need a bike license to be able to ride not on the roads but on the stuff inbetween
like if you went on a camping trip or something

Mitch sadly we dont get the bonus of rec reg in SA... which is a pity, given how much open space we have, but no where to ride...
So please mate, stay off the roads!! ;)

sorry boys was a bit over exited, didn't think to keep what i got it for on the down low. Ken posted it today for us, i may have it tomorrow it says on the start track express site.
cheers

Latest posts

Back