help with rear swingarm

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sn33ky23q

Reaction score
hi i want to put a 12inch wheel on my dirtbike
i got one on the front which i put on yesterday but the other one wont fit on the back

i was told i need a longer swing arm
my swingarm now is 380mm long and between the front of the wheel to the thingy the shock sits on is 30mm

im wondering how long does the swing arm have to be for me to fit my 12inch wheel and will it look funny because it will be longer and also around how much is it to get a new swing arm and do uz recommend me to do it

here are a few pics of my bike if it helps you in any way

thanks and hope youz can help ;)

17122008001.jpg

17122008.jpg

keep it 12" front 10" rear good for wheely's then but depends on if you performance i ran 12" front 10" rear but i live to ride on the back wheel everywhere

lol ahah nah i wont be doing whilleys all the time lol

well ill mainly be riding at tracks and some trail riding

so for what im going to be doing is it better to put 12inch on the front and the back?

what about for track riding and you know like the regulaar jumps here and there lol

and i also need help on how big the swing arm needs to be plzzz

go to a moto shop and tell em ur delemer... they will set u up wit a corect size 1 or go on ebay but double check befor u buy... i have 2 12s and it is heaps good. my mate had a 10 rear and 12 front and put a 12 back on but his only fits by a bout 10mm so he has to keep it tightend realy well.. i would defenently do it:D it feels way better for me but its ur bike lol

yeh i wanna do it but yh i just wanted to know the measurements 1st

then i will shop around

put the front 12 inch in the back where u think it will need to sit and measure from the axle to the inside of the swing arm where you have indicated there is a 10mm gap. You probably want aleast 10mm gap between the tyre and inside of swing arm. Once you know this measure u can check with a few different people for lengths.

put the front 12 inch in the back where u think it will need to sit and measure from the axle to the inside of the swing arm where you have indicated there is a 10mm gap. You probably want aleast 10mm gap between the tyre and inside of swing arm. Once you know this measure u can check with a few different people for lengths.

i would but that will mean having to take off the front wheel for 2 mins which will be a hassle coz it took me a while the 1st time lol

im jst wondering if anyone has dont it and what they had to do
but i will try that

sneeky 23 nah mn just keep it what is it u wont see much diffrences y chnage the wheel and swingarm thats waste of money 12 10 is good and i got the same bike lol from crazy pocket bikes carringbah assassin125 there good bikes.:)

but mines 14 12 and soz about the spelling i type like an idiot

sneeky 23 nah mn just keep it what is it u wont see much diffrences y chnage the wheel and swingarm thats waste of money 12 10 is good and i got the same bike lol from crazy pocket bikes carringbah assassin125 there good bikes.:)

yh i think im jst gunna keep it how it is
yh i got a 110 from them
awesom bikes still havent had a prob till now starts 1st kick everytime

Latest posts

Back