help

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brashy

Reaction score
hey so i had an oil leak out of my 125 and seen a bolt right next to the oil draining bolt ant that is where the oil was coming out from so i undid it and a spring came out thats fine but a little metal rod thing came out aswell im not shore what it is i just pushed it back in any ideas? also all of my oil came out of there is that normal?

what you undone was the camchain adjuster if it was leaking from there you need a new copper or nylon washer on that bolt

i was gonna get a rubber washer is that alright aswell

Like rod said get a nylon or copper washer, if i had a rubber washer on that tensioner bolt id be expecting it to fall off during riding and then your going to get excess cam chain slap and being undertensioned the chance of the cam sprocket jumping the chain links is high resulting in a bent valve and maybe even more damage, but like rod said keep a damn good eye on it if it is rubber and that is all you can find, If you have some plumbers tape(thread tape, the white stuff) you could put some around the bolt and reuse the old washer you had.

Latest posts

Back