Hey all im new and have a 150cc something, can u help me identify?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedy150

Reaction score
hi all,

i just got myself an atomik 150cc, it seems rather good for the money, i been reading about the different types of engines etc, when i got it it said it was a 150cc LIFAN but i noticed there is 150cc YX engines too, and ive looked closely at mine and it has YX printed on the head, so can anyone help me identify my engine? and let me no if its a good or bad one haha thanks.;) ive added a photo of the engine.

also any tips on what i should change straight away? ive changed the oil allready, and i think its leaking abit from a gasket underneath, was considering pulling the engine down and rebuilding it again properly with fresh gaskets as i think its abit dodgey from factory, is this a good idea?

also places i can find these gasket kits?

any other tips?

Attachments

• yx.JPG
    yx.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 55
  • lifan150.JPG
    lifan150.JPG
    83.3 KB · Views: 56
well its neither....not a lifan or a YX ...or they sell it now with a daytona copy clutchcover.....interesting engine though...hahahaha

edit: look what I found !!
Wtf....?? - Planet Minis

Last edited:
this guy was me, you dumba$$...and I was asking for you...duuuh...if you don´t want to know anything don´t post it up!!

fact is that some of the dealers are very interested in this engine...lets see what comes up next...maybe finally the DOHC...:D ;)

Last edited:
how was i supposed to no? u just said "look what i found" and had a link,

well..the name of the guy who made the post is "themountain"...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway..you could make for sure a nice deal with T-Bolt( crkid) for this engine...ask them if they give you a 177ccV2 for it ,then you send it over to them...lol:p :p

well..the name of the guy who made the post is "themountain"...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anyway..you could make for sure a nice deal with T-Bolt( crkid) for this engine...ask them if they give you a 177ccV2 for it ,then you send it over to them...lol:p :p

haha yeah i shoulda picked it up, anyways sorry for confusion!

excuse my newbieness whats a 177ccV2?

ur swing arm bolt will snap first

use washers to space the swing arm properly FRONT AND REAR...believe me...it will happen i bought three of the exact same bikes but 140cc

motor sorta looks like yx to me

ur swing arm bolt will snap first

use washers to space the swing arm properly FRONT AND REAR...believe me...it will happen i bought three of the exact same bikes but 140cc

motor sorta looks like yx to me

i dont get what u mean? space them how? there is only 1 allen key long bolt holding the swingarm on to the frame.. have u had any problems with ure motor?

Looks like you got yourself a yx daytona copy. I like the oil dip stick positioning on it.

Last edited:
looks like a lifan 150 to me but they dont have a dipstick they have a nut on top of the clutch 4 the oil but defantly looks like the lifan 150 copy of a daytona.

kk chill i thump hahahahhahaha

lol im am chilled :eek: . When I had first seen this motor I thought it was a new Lifan and they had added a dipstick and put it in a more accessable place but I soon found out it was the YX Daytona copy. Looks VERY nice though.

Latest posts

Back