Hey guys just got my first pit bike

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pit Drugz

Reaction score
i just won a bid for a orion 125

any mods i need to do to teh bike before i ride it to avoid losts of money loss

also what are ur opion on these kind of bikes??

And what will i need to do if i want to upgrade to a bigger engine such as 150cc or 160cc

Please help me out thanks :)

can you give us a link to the bike? there are several different orion 125's out there... orion is only the brand, they do a few models...
as for intitial set and maintenance, have a look through this thread below....
http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24239-achtung-noobs-your-new-pitbike-you-set-up-tips.html
as for performance upgrades, check the below.
http://www.miniriders.com.au/bike-setup/24009-performance-upgrades-guidelines-stage-i-iii.html

if you want to upgrade to a 150 or 160 engine, you will need to consider an oil cooler, which should come with any engine you get, and an exhaust, as most 125 engines are lifan or crf style heads, most 150's and 160s (YX's, Zongshens etc) run KLX style heads, and the 125 exhaust wont fit...
Lifan 150 however, runs a Lifan/CRF style head, and will be the easiest to install without modifications to the pipe, or a change in pipe...
post up a pic mate, we'll see what we can sort out. :)

sweet as okay :) and ill have a look at the perormance guide and im a mechanic and my work mate has his own moto mechanic bussiness so we gonan take the bike apart grease shit up locktite nessiary bolts ect and sweet as so ill be lookign at lifan 150cc engine and how much would that cost heres the bike link :)

125cc 4 stroke pit bike - eBay Other Trail Bikes, Trail Bikes, Motorcycles, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 13-Jun-10 18:51:15 AEST)

if the link doesnt wokr lemme know and ill upload onto photo bucket

shoulda come here first

these thing a near unridable for an adult or teenager for that matter

and a lifan 150 is worth more than the bike

good luck

holy crap $640.00 for that!? you've really stooged yourself there man

why will no one tell em why ahha and i dont really mind im looking foward to havning a bike i need to fix unlike my honda bastard never breaks and what is so bad about these bikes plz someone tell me

hmm yeah the AGB-21 is a really dated design... not the best pit bike on the market, put it that way...
however, depending on what you want to use it for, it will be fine for just putting around...
a lifan 150 will fit in that frame pretty easily, however you will reach the limits of your suspension very quickly...
A fast ace shock from DHZ will improve the feel of the rear suspension, but there isnt much that can be done with the forks, short of either replacing the front end altogether, or changing the oil in the forks..
having said all that, i bought one of these around mid 2004, and the engine is still going strong... i reckon that's a ducar 125 motor... not the best performer out there, but they are reliable...
The carby on your new bike is going to be your biggest problem, putting it bluntly, they're terrible... your first stop would be to replace it with an OKO 26mm flatslide.... DHZ also sell these as a kit on ebay, and there are a couple of threads on here in the Tech section devoted to running and tuning OKO carbies...
i wouldnt worry too much, it might not be the greatest bike on the market, but with a bit of work and proper set up, you will get a decent life out of it. :)

hmmm what would i need to do to it to make it ready for jumping?? like racing aswel? im prepared to put alot of work into it and can you maybe give me a ruff sum how much getting that ready would cost??

it's just that it's worth $300 to begin with.....
the frame is weak.... the suspension is weak.... the engine is tiny.... it's just everything man
for $640 you coulda got a brand new nitrous with a 160 in it... strong frame... useable suspension... and just up to date with cheapo bikes in general... plus it'll break lol
If you haven't already paid for the bike you'd be doing yourself a huge favour to get something better

i havent yet paid for it and im thinking im better off not lol but.... cant i get fined for taht shit?

like if i tell him i cant buy it like dont ahve enuf will i get be able to get sued?

you might get charged a relisting fee...
i'd cancel the auction straight away if you havent paid for it, there are much better bikes out there for the same money...

no there's nothing he can do... happens all the time on ebay there's nothing wrong with backing off from getting screwed over completely

Mate do what i did, message him say, im extremely sorry my son got on to my account some how and bought this item, i have since talked to him and made it very clear that its not to......

lol i did it when i bought a pocket rocket then got a better one and it worked a treat...

haha okay well i had to go to perth to pick it up and my dad was pissed sed he wasnt gonna take me anyway but i thougth my mum would but nooo she didnt want to either haha :p

sounds to me like you getting a bike will not be the best idea , as from your old's get my drift ??

got a place to ride it ?? got money to spend on it?? got a lift to get it , to where you can ride it ??

sounds to me like your not thinking this threw , dont rush into something you'll regret ,

best of luck

Latest posts

Back