High end bikes...

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dust

Reaction score
So just doing some research here and want some thoughts. Im getting set to get myself a new bike and im not about to do it by halves or cut any corners. Im pretty well set on the idea of the 07 Pro Vert with the 138 motor and bits on it. Im pretty much thinking of spending somewhere up to about $4000-$4500. I want it to be quick, strong and reliable and from what i can gather the Pro Vert is the ticket. I dont want a small little CRF or anything, i want something with bigger wheels. Im intending on using the bike for everything from big jumps, racing and im even looking to enter the Finke Desert race too... Perhaps not! Now that would be funny though, hahahahah! Whats everyones thoughts on other options? Also forgot to mention, i dont really want to get a big bike either! Sorry Beno!

Bah hahahaha the finke on a china bike i'd like to see that!

the Pro Vert is good but the frames snap under abusive hands.

i would say Mojo Pro is the go!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If your willing to spend 4000-4500 get a second hand crf250.

id get a motovert with those 140 motors they where talkin bout

No offence, but why would you risk getting a chinese bike that may have problems rather than get a bike that wont have problems? I dont see the logic.

4k to 4.5 man you oughta get a Pitsterpro x4r like I did. The bike is bigger than normal 125cc with the GPX engine you got approx 10.3 somen Hp out of 125. The SGR zorks are the best zorks I've ever had but if you willing you can get better like the shover. or you can got for the FXpro, the frame is crazy as hell not mention you've got all the blings you needed already there.

Best Of The Best?

Imo Buy A Thumpstar Pro 2006. I own 1 and its the best thing ive ridden. For jumps and i mean big bike jumps, reliability, grunt, suspension, frame, ok the whole lot this is the bike for you. I ride it like i did my big bikes, and its still going strong. Its a big decision:D

in the latest FREERIDER magazine theres a 4 page test and review on the top6pit bikes over $3000!!!

they rode em them write a review of each bike,

on test is the

Braaap
Pro50Z Outlaw
TerraMoto TDXpRO
Motovert Expert
FMR
PisterProX3R

but they did limit the bikes to 125cc though, but itll still give you an idea of the different bikes and what all the pro riders thought, and what bike was voted best!

If your willing to spend 4000-4500 get a second hand crf250.

Yeh man why not buy a honda, KW, yamaha, suzuki for that money ?

Thats what i would be doing, 2 smoke will be my next bike.

have you guys ever thought he wants a Fast50 NOT a full sized bike!:D

the pegs suprised me, i thought that only happens on sub 1k bikes, obviously not LOL!!!

yeah that was fair funny when i read that...wonder how it woulda ranked if they didnt break. It was actually the pro50z that snapped the pegs..i wonder how steve mini woulda felt after having that happen to him coming up shirt on a jump lol. The pitster pro was the overall winner but it is still up to the individual what they want. But obviously it had the most bang for buck! ($3,600)

if ya got over 4 grand 2 spend get a japanese bike man! less maintenance, better quality and better performance, depending on wat sor of jap, are u in2 2 strokes or 4 strokes?

hi all
i thought this was a mini bike site
my decision to ride minibikes was easy
a tree at 80kph doesn't hert as much as a tree at 180kph

i'm in the market for a new ride soon but i don't know witch way to go
all i know is that it will be a big wheel mini bike
10" wheels are hard work on the big tracks!

my decision has not been made though
i've riden the motovert pro and it's hard to beat
but still a china bike with trick part's

you get what you pay for

Pitster Pro is a great hard core bike comes from the same factory as the Motovert. Same engine and soon with 145cc jialings. If you want upper end consider the length of frame to suit you longer go Motovert if you like the shorter go pitsterpro. To be honest there is little difference between them both. My pitster with 140 kit and a lot more engine work hammers and often when we go out riding is the only bike at the end of the day still running. No matter what you buy you will still need to upgrade certain parts for an ultra reliable bike. Good to see that you recognise the difference between quality and prepared to pay the extra to get it. So many crew on this forum are hell bent on the cheap end of the market and wouldnt know quality if it hit them in the face. Or should I say passes them lol.

Last edited:
Pitster Pro is a great hard core bike comes from the same factory as the Motovert. Same engine and soon with 145cc jialings. If you want upper end consider the length of frame to suit you longer go Motovert if you like the shorter go pitsterpro. To be honest there is little difference between them both. My pitster with 140 kit and a lot more engine work hammers and often when we go out riding is the only bike at the end of the day still running. No matter what you buy you will still need to upgrade certain parts for an ultra reliable bike. Good to see that you recognise the difference between quality and prepared to pay the extra to get it. So many crew on this forum are hell bent on the cheap end of the market and wouldnt know quality if it hit them in the face.

well put it mcanix, as far as I m concern if you had that kinda budget to run a dream piece of your own, go for Pitsterpro but not the crf style coz like the quote saids it does has it's short comings like the length and power. I got my latest x4r Klx style with enlarge the chromo frame gives you the feel of ride a big bike while the GPX USA AMA mini standardize race engine sure wont let you down. Further more I m ready to update the GPX 125 to 146.

Thanks for the thoughts so far guys! The longer wheelbase of the Pro Vert compared to the Pitster Pro is appealing to me. Little bit more stability at speed etc is only going to be a good thing. Some people have been mentioning the idea of a second hand big jap bike but i look at it from this stand point. $4000 i can get a sick brand new mini bike which is easy to cart around for me and much easier for me to maintain myself. For the same $4000 could get the big bike which is more than likely going to be used and abused and require loads more maintenance, not easy for me to store or carry around and i really want a mini bike anyway. Thanks again for the info guys and feel free to throw any more in, im keen to hear it all...

Latest posts

Back