High Idle speed

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bournie

Reaction score
Hi all, I picked my 140 pitpro up this morning and when we took it home and started it again noticed that the revs were very high. Once I got into first gear it drives of at about 10kmh, is this normal??

cheers

make sure the choke is off, then on the side of the carby facing toward the inside of the bike there's a screw, screw it out to turn down the idle

Hmm. Think i might head out to the shed, take pics of all the different carbys, and do a thread on how to find the choke, idle screw and air/fuel screw on a few different brands of fuel buckets...

That would be very good,
But I know that the choke was off becuase I took the air filter of and checked, I think its the idle speed so Ill have a look, I down loaded the 25mm mukuni carb tuning guide so I have a rough idea of what im doing :D

Bloody grunty litle thing though, the sad thing is though it fits me perfectbecuase I'm such a short a@@

Hmm. Think i might head out to the shed, take pics of all the different carbys, and do a thread on how to find the choke, idle screw and air/fuel screw on a few different brands of fuel buckets...

REQUESTS - an attachment to each carby as to wat size engines they suit aswell :D

That would be very good,
But I know that the choke was off becuase I took the air filter of and checked, I think its the idle speed so Ill have a look, I down loaded the 25mm mukuni carb tuning guide so I have a rough idea of what im doing :D

REQUESTS - an attachment to each carby as to wat size engines they suit aswell :D

Done. will have it up shortly...
In the meantime, have a look in the 'Carby tuning" section in the How-to/Tutorials section... there are a couple of good threads in there, and the "Basic Performance -upgrades Stage I-III has a guide for what carby best suits what capacity engine.:D

Latest posts

Back