high octaine fuel

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X7-Nutcase

Reaction score
hey all, anyone know much regarding using racing fuels and what not, as im running 108 octaine club car fuel at the moment in my jialing and it seems to be runing a little cooler and more responsive

I found that aswell , i was running 110oct in mine for awhile, i had to change the jetting to get it running correctly tho.

use 98 octain and caster, or shell has 100 octain (V power racing or some such) at the pump

what you can do to achieve a few extra points of octaine is add two chemicals both are using in paint thinners and also slate stripper, you want them straight with no additives. you can buy them in 1 litre tins at bunnings for about 10$ each ( cheaper than a bottle of nulon octaine boost).dont run any more than a 30% mix of whatever u use weather it be one or the other or both combined

1 Xylene
2 Toluene

ive also heard rumours that mothballs raise octaine but i wouldnt be trusting this bullshit. ive used the xylene and toluene in my numerous turbo cars with excellent results, i usualy buy a tin toluene and mix it with 10 litres of BP ultimate 98 , wich would bring it up to about 102 octaine, you could use 1 litre of toluene and 1 litre of xylene if u want a real potent mix but id put that in to maybe 15 + litres of BP 98 ultimate hopefuly achieving around 104 105 octaine .... not as high as the racing fuel for club cars wich we get from the track in limited litres.... or you can buy 102 (i think) and also 110 i think from scotchers racing fuels at senna road wingfield south aus:D
the way i see it is that 102 - 104 octaine fuels are fine for bikes , better performance and run cooler... going past 102 - 104 is a bit of a waste since we dont have compltley worked of there tits motors or forced induction wich are prone to pinging at high revs under high boost loads, wich octaine helps provent:)

Last edited:
good stuff, i knew about those additives but didnt know they were easy to buy, ima go shopping next week :cool:

alot of dodgy servos such as liberty and shit use bulk toluene to make there dodgy premium unleaded out of normal unleaded.... cheap skates...

is ther any harm in running your unleaded car on premium unleaded? they run better..more responsive , cooler and better fuel economy. as for caster oil.. mines 4 stroke so i dont need oil in the fuel i use to run caster oil in my rc cars with methanol and nitro methane, but i know u can use synthetic oils like cool power and klotz oil in 2strokers, hell i seen a dude run 25.1 2stroke fuel with a little nitro methane rc fuel. cranked hard .. i wouldnt put that through my 4 stroke as that stuff generates heat faster ..

Latest posts

Back