high rev cdi unit

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brad123

Reaction score
hey guys me and my brother have got a atomik reign 140 and a dpro 140 and i was wondering if i instaleed a hi rev cdi to them would it make a increase in power or throttle response ??

I dont know alot about them, they are suppose to change the rev/power curve?

I do know first hand that the cheap china ones on eBay dont do anything noticable.

so stay away from china ones. any good ones out there that you can mention so we can check em out thanks...

lol there all china, just the cheap blue looking ones from eBay.

Look for maybe a TB one, you could try tbolt, i know Fasterminis have them.

Vortex do CDI boxes, but if your looking on ebay they may be out of your price range.... they are for me.

thats chinese, i doubt it'd make much of a difference. Want more power i'd be looking at a better carb

i heard the TB cdi's arent too bad and also heard they are the same as the BBR ones..
but just remember these are made for 50-125cc engines.. they advance the ignition timing which can be bad on some of the bigger engines.. they can produce more kick back too..

and just so you know, they dont offer much if any performance increase by themselves.

you'd be better of going an oko 26 carb and a free flowing exhaust if ya havent got one yet..

Latest posts

Back