High revs, Engine cuts out and Hard to start.

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazy-latin-steven

Reaction score
Hey,
My bike has been taking a while to start the best way to start it is to turn the idle screw in all the way then kick it over otherwise theres not much luck. Then i turn the idle screw back out so it idles nicely and then go riding. As im riding the bike revs really high and if i go to slow it just cuts out. When i pin it, it revs really high and takes a while to pick up speed what can be a problem?

you playing with the idle screw to much, maybe we should focus on the hard starting bit so you don't have to change the idle screw.

i can't help you im not a mech, sorry.

yeah me either ...but it sounds like you need to play with ya carby

from what i can get from your post is that when you pin it it revs out really fast but the bike picks up slowly.....to me that sounds like a clutch issue........as for your carby issue i think it may be running really lean....richin it up by turning your air/fuel mixture screw.......just a thought may not be correct.

More info would be helpful.

What bike is it? What engine is it? Pics?

Could be numerous things.

from what i can get from your post is that when you pin it it revs out really fast but the bike picks up slowly.....to me that sounds like a clutch issue........as for your carby issue i think it may be running really lean....richin it up by turning your air/fuel mixture screw.......just a thought may not be correct.

i was thinking the same thing, if its reving higher but not gaining speed then it sounds like you have a bit of clutch slip

start off by cleaning the damn carbie first. its clogged up.or at least sounds like it.then reset the mix screw to 2.5 turns out. clutch slip is clutch slip and feels like it. does it rev its tits off and go nowhere? when you kick it over, the engine doesnt seem to turn over?(assuming its a start in neutral)thats clutch slip....try adjusting it first, then new plates if that dont help

Latest posts

Back