hole in oil cooler :(

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkark

Reaction score
hi all ,, got a hole in the oil cooler ,, was thinking of fixing it with solder ,, would that work ,, ???? any advise 2 fix it would be apperated :)

They are POS,

Ive had 2 split in under a month now, just throw it away and get a solid type if you really wanna run a cooler,

If you seal it up it will just split again and piss your oil everywhere,

ok thx man ,, do you know were i can get a solid cooler from ,, could not see any on e bay in australia ,, and does any one know if i can run a 140cc with out a oil cooler with out hurting the motor ???

yeh u can run it without but its safer and will make your enigine last a lot longer with a oil cooler

ok thx man ,, do you know were i can get a solid cooler from ,, could not see any on e bay in australia ,, and does any one know if i can run a 140cc with out a oil cooler with out hurting the motor ???

do u have a thermometer? one of those long probe type ones. check the oil temp after a hard ride and if its under 110deg, i wouldn't worry about the cooler. if it pushes 120 or over, get a cooler. i think u can get cheap thermometers from the supermarket. they'll be with the pots and pans and stuff.

NEW ALLOY BILLET CNC OIL COOLER RADIATOR GOLD PIT BIKE - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 15-May-08 21:12:50 AEST)

THUMPSTAR OIL COOLER BRAND NEW IN PACKET - eBay Other Makes, Bike Parts, Motorcycle Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 14-May-08 15:56:40 AEST)

You might have to play around getting the hoses to fit though on certain coolers,

Ive been running my 140cc without a cooler for months now and no dramas so far,

IMO they are more wank factor!

BUT REMEMBER YOU NEED TO LINK THE HOSES, DO NOT JUST BLOCK THE BOLTS OFF, YOU MUST RUN A LINK HOSE!!!

thx you all 4 the help ,, i would be lost with out all your help ,, :) if i go with out a cooler with hoses linked ,, will i need 1.1L oil or 0.8 L of oil in a 140cc motor ??? now i am thinking that i could make a oil cooler out of copper pipe ,, ?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back