Holeshot launch Control???

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you push your forks down and it will clip in and hold your forks there. keeping your wheel off the ground a bit out the gates and once you hit your first bump or jump after the first corner it will unclip. you only really see the top level riders use them in motocross. i personally think there a bit wank

i just put one on my CRF and they work wonder's for me, im only 65-70kg so when i take off i go straight to the back wheel and screw my starts but with the launch control i get great starts every time now, i must admit i was skeptical about these at first but i had to do something about my starts and im very happy now i have one, i recommend them to anyone they WORK

yeah i would agree. i cant see the real advantage in using one. Thanks any way for the quick relpy

i just put one on my CRF and they work wonder's for me, im only 65-70kg so when i take off i go straight to the back wheel and screw my starts but with the launch control i get great starts every time now, i must admit i was skeptical about these at first but i had to do something about my starts and im very happy now i have one, i recommend them to anyone they WORK

Wow. see i am small too so i would be tempted to put on on my big bike now. i just can work out in my mind how locking the front suspension stops mono's. but if it works it worth it for the racers

Last edited:
yeah i would agree. i cant see the real advantage in using one. there would not be any significant advanatge in traction. Thanks any way for the quick relpy

Naa they do work ... if they didn't they wouldn't be on just about every factory race bike ...... and just about every pro rider wouldn't run em if they didn't work.;)

Here's the thing ..... they might get you to the 1ST corner ahead of the pack if ya nail ya start ..... but you better be able to ride fast enough to stay there .... or the crew that can right behind ya will simply run ya over.:D

Naa they do work ... if they didn't they wouldn't be on just about every factory race bike ...... and just about every pro rider wouldn't run em if they didn't work.

happy to agree that they work. i was just trying to sort out in my mind how locking the front helps. in thinking about it for a little i guess it is a matter or limiting/stopping the rebound pushing out, lifting you front wheel up

Here's the thing ..... they might get you to the 1ST corner ahead of the pack if ya nail ya start ..... but you better be able to ride fast enough to stay there .... or the crew that can right behind ya will simply run ya over.[/
Unfortunatly if i pulled of an amazing start i would get creamed. respect to the real racers, they are machines and always impress me with the level of fitness and pace

it compresses your front suspension downs so when you take off your front wheel doesn't pop up so much therefore gives you much better control and giving you a better start, some people are against them but i am surely not, i cant see why people think they don't work they obviously have never used one, lol why would the likes of bubba, reed, canard etc atc any pro racer and also the majority of people i line up against are using them

I think I've seen one on a mini .... thing is the mini has waaay less travel ..... so it stands to reason the effect of the device will be diminished by lack of travel in the forks I reckon.

The hole idea behind the holeshot button is that the forks are already down, changing the way the bike sits, meaning that you can get over the bars more and get on the throttle alot more without the chance of looping out. Its nothing to do with limiting the travel or anything like that so the same principle should work on a mini, although seeing that you can usually man handle a mini more than you can a 450 would probably be the reason that you see less of them.
Roost had it I just think he didnt explain it properly, hopefully this will make more sense.

Latest posts

Back