Holiday/favourite place pics

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skylar

Reaction score
This thread has come about due to a chatbox conversation today. Thought it would be interesting for people to post some pics of their holiday destinations or just their favourite places to be.
Might give any budding travellers some ideas as well. Hopefully some you have some pics of really interesting places like Uzbekistan or Mongolia or Rwanda or just of your favourite park. Please post pics of your favourites!

I'l kick this off with some snaps from New Zealand. Not too far abroad, but I love it there, would move there in a minute if I could get a decent job. I'll warn you that I am the world's most craptastic photographer. :eek:

This is Kaikoura. These pics are not zoomed in, you can actually just walk out amongst the seals. If you get too close, they'll bark at you.
scan0007.jpg

scan0003.jpg

klx140kid on White Island. It's an active volcano and uninhabitable.
scan0006.jpg

Looking out over Lake Wakatipu from the balcony of our holiday house in Queenstown. My favourite place in the world. Gorgeous in spring in this photo, absolutely spectacular in winter. To the left is The Remarkables, one of only two mountain ranges in the world than run true North/South. The other is The Rockies.
scan0004.jpg

Heli-hiking up on Franz Josef Glacier. One of the most amazing experiences of my life.
scan0002.jpg

Fox Glacier from the base. You can see the little black dots of people just to give you some idea of the scale. About every 12 months some nob will climb the rope and a chunk of ice the size of a car will fall off and kill them. It's amazing when the chunks come off... the sound is unbelievable. But I don't want to be anywhere near it thanks!
scan0008.jpg

Looks great Skylar, my cousin just got back form NZ and had a great time. He and his girlfriend hired a motor home and road triped it, and had a blast his high light was a chopper flight over the snow toped mountains.

Ill have some photos up tomorrow of diving lady elliot for ya. ;)

these are a few of my favorite things

mate's property up in jamieson so much serenity
P1010005.jpg

P1010002.jpg

P1010001.jpg

nice view of coolum beach great little spot on the sunny coast
DSC00117.jpg

if i had to pic between the 2 it would have to be jamieson i love the bush before the beach everytime

Riders, meet 3RiderLand. Some may call it heaven on earth. This was years of work of dirt jump riders building their paradise by the Maribyrnong River here in Melbourne.
Zoom in and have a look.

3RiderLand.jpg

Unfortunately in 2006 the Council demolished it all flat!

3R-27-11-06-1.jpg

if it wasnt the council who did it would have been some other prick!!!

I said the council demolished it...

what i was meant to say was if the council hadnt already destroyed i reckon some prick would of done it

i have built dirt jumps so many times and half the time some **** thinks it funny to destroy them

The council ruined some jumps that had been built in the bush for years, and was right next to the school, so when you rode to school you would hang out at the jumps before and after school.

They demolished it cleard all the land and said in replacement they would build us a bmx track plus a skate park.

Instead they sold most to land for housing and stuck a real lame play ground in about 4-5 years to late.

I had seen all the plans and everything and it all just went in the bin.

Yeah, so to see that council ruin those jumps was so dud now no one can use the land.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back