Honda CRF50 Copy Stocker Project/Rebuild

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long time ago that i did an update.
Yesterday the new YX160cc RXR engine arrived, i wanted to build the engine in my bbr Replica but it doesn't fit.
Did some work to make it fit in the 50 frame, going to be sick with the double oilcoolers:
14azevb.jpg

And the first impression of the bike (almost) complete:
n176et.jpg

Need to do some work on the frame to make the coil, coolers etc. fit but i take the time for it.
Only thing i need is a new clutch cable and a new exhaust, bike is going to be a beast i think!!
Let me know what you guys think.

Grtz, Mini-Fifty.

Man that thing is gonna kick like a wild bulls had a hot poker stuck straight up its arse. Good luck riding it, nice work.

Nice Bike if the frame doesnt break you would would need to tie yourself to this bike. Would be fun trying to handle this beast:coolthumb:

Holy crap mate, hope you've got a will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah might want to get one or update it, by the way can I have your bike when you die I realize it will need new plastics and grips from all the flipping and stacking that's going to go on when you get this weapon firing you across the dirt. Haha all I can say is hang on and drag your feet.

Thanks guys,

The power that the engine has is no problem for me.
The engine has about a 16HP.
The quad that i ride has a 450cc Honda engine with about 55 HP so i know how to handle it.
I don't know if it will be a success, the small bike with the big engine but for me it's all about fun.

Today i had some time to do work on the bike.
The engine did not fit in the frame so i needed to make it fit.
My best friends today
1195qaw.jpg

Electic welding machine, really simple machine but it does his work.
2hy8p6d.jpg

Made some new brackets to fit the coil and the oilcoolers.
Needed to take a piece of the frame to make the engine fit, it was only a few milimeter so i dont worry about the strength of the frame.
ve32w.jpg

And the engine fits
9r0u2q.jpg

And put the bike together to see how it's going to look like:
4iovio.jpg

4vre9s.jpg

Double big oil coolers looks pretty sick on the small bike
m7b8qv.jpg

335douu.jpg

Things i need to do:
-Paint the frame again, Silver color.
-Shift lever.
-Clutch lever and cable.
-New grips
-Adjust the carburetor.
-Numbers on the numberplates.

Grtz, Mini-Fifty.

It's awesome to see someone do this, I'm sure you can ride I just reckon its going to be something else when trying to actually handle the power to weight that's all, top job mate, its cool to see someone have a go, it looks sick as **** and yeah them coolers make it look mean as. I just hope the swinger and sprocket can hold up for your sake. You have to defiantly get a video up of this thing when done. Reps to you.

Your bike looks great the carbon fibre tank looks good and the twin oil coolers also. I too would be worried about the rear end of this bike the swingarm needs to be strengthened or make one using stronger steel. I wish you well with your project and i too would like to see a video of your bike in action when finished. Its great to see people pushing the bounderys with builds like this. :applaudit:

That is sick. I've always wondered what would be involved in doing this. I believe you when you say you can handle the power but on a bike with that short of a swing arm I think you might have a hard time keeping the front wheel on the ground. Mine is stock 50cc with a bigger rear shock (raised the angle of the swing arm) and it lifts the front wheel no problems just because of the geometry. Having said that I'd love to try riding yours!! Definitely post a video :D

Thanks for the positive reply's guys!
Here is the bike i had before.
dsk04.jpg

It's a CRF50 with 138cc RSR engine.
Red baron barkit, Fastace rearshock, Redbaron HD frontsprings, 1'' extended forks, and a lot of more special stuff.
With that bike i was faster than most of the 65cc/85cc's, on a small track.
I love to ride small bikes with big engines!
And for me its just a project, if it doesn't work with this engine i build the 110cc engine back in the bike.
At the moment now im also building a BBR 50 Replica, which has now the 110cc engine.
21abiw1.jpg

Grtz, Mini-Fifty.

Looks good dude, but it will be more than a handful, you will not keep the wheel down, but will make a good wheelie or burnout bike, I had a 125 high comp engine in my little bike with the same frame as that(see fotm) and damn I had never ate dirt so much, but thumbs up to you lad it looks the part and like the boys said its good to see someone do it, enjoy and keep us updated.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE, BREAK IT :)

Hi Mini-Fifty i like your BBR50 replica. What mods are you going to do to the 110. I put a TB 114cc kit is my 110cc Aarvi pocket bike was very impressed with the result. Look in my garage for more specs on this engine. Cheers.

Hey Guys,

I bought an YX160 engine, but without a carb.
I have a 22mm carb with 140 mainjet, but it doesn't run well.
Do i need to buy a 26mm carb or 24mm? And which mainjet?
Or can i make the YX160 engine run well with the 22mm carb??, because i have not much money to spend anymore.
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks in advance!

Grtz, Mini-Fifty.

Mate this 30mm mikuni copy carb will work good on your 160, id recommend some others but you said you dont have much money. 30mm PIT DIRT BIKE MIKUNI CARB CARBURETTOR 125cc 140cc | eBay
The advert says it is genuine, well it is a genuine copy but certainaly not genuine mikuni and it states its for a 125-140, i wouldnt run this on a 125 thats for sure, but will work great on a 160.

Last edited:
Most guys tell me to run an Mikuni 26mm or Keihin 28.
I think the 30cc would be to big for the 160cc engine.
Thanks in advance !

Latest posts

Back