Honda CT-90 Timing

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allistah

Reaction score
Hey all --

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I have a Honda CT-90 and I'm trying to make sure I get the timing right. I made sure the gap on the points were .35mm. The manual says between .3 and .4mm from what I remember out in the garage - at any rate, I put it right in the middle of the recommended gap.

I'm using a timing light and I want to know if I should be trying to get the F mark on the wheel to be exactly on the mark on the case? There is a T mark as well - what is that one for?

If someone could tell me what I should try to shoot for with this timing light, I sure would appreciate it. :)

Thanks!

-Allistah

dont bother with a timing light, line up your f mark and set the points cam so the 2 lines are either side of the rubbing block, this got my old CT spot on for 91 octain fuel, or you can go about 15deg advance from that if you run 98 and caster

Oh, I didn't know there were marks on that shaft. I think I got it close with the timing light and it's all buttoned up and the garage is clean. The next time I pull it out to start it up I'll take a look for those marks and put it right in the middle. Sounds very easy to do. :)

Thanks a bunch,

-Allistah

no prob:) If i find my spec sheet i'll pm you with all the tuning info i have

That would be great, thanks. I sure would appreciate that. :) Actually, if you could email it to jaime(at)pirnie.org that would be great because I don't check here too often. Just obviously replace (at) with @.

-Jaime

will do, no garentys i'll find it tho, havnt seen the folder for months lol

My curiosity got the best of me and I went out there to check out what you're talking about. I have the F mark on the case line. I don't see where these two lines are. Are they on the cam itself or are they on the plate where all this stuff is mounted? When you mean rubbing block, you mean the part that rides on the cam that moves the points open/closed?

the 2 lines are on the outer face of the points cam, you'll prob have to clean it up a bit. took me an hour to find mine under the muck lol, just pop that 10mm bolt out and give the face a scrub. Yeah thats the one

Mine was really clean. I took that 10mm bolt off and there is only one mark. It looks like it's at the high point of the cam. The area is clean and I can clearly see the surface - there is only one mark. This mark is also far away from the part that rides on the cam itself. Maybe 180 degrees, I didn't look to see if it was 180 of the rub bar thing.

Any suggestions?

hmm got me buggered sorry lol, its been awhile since i had mine. Try looking for a notch in the points plate that should line up with a notch or mark in the head

Latest posts

Back