How do you begin building a chopper (motorcycle)?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walter19

Reaction score
I want a chopper but I don't want one completely finished by someone else. I was told that buying a bike and turning it into a chopper motorcycle is fairly easy and worth doing (not to mention less expensive than buying one done). But how do I know which bikes would be better suited for modifying than others?. I don't know where to begin.. Can someone point me in the right direction?.

why? where do you ride such a thing? unless you start off with the plan to make something that will be compliant(ie, built from scratch frame), youre going to end up with little more than a fine-collecting paperweight.... and a nasty temper too boot... and on the street with a sign asking for funding to help with your "alcohol research"

no matter what you do, its an expensive proposition....

save some cash like me and buy a proper chopper..... i have my design and plans already set out for south coast customs down at cronulla to build it close to 60k

ive been around custom bikes for most of my life,unless your talking mini choppers.

cheapest option is too buy a newer bike and start from there.
if your wanting us then go harley. but if your on a budget go triumph or a company like that.

if your a smaller bloke you can pick up a reasonable sportster for quite cheap if you want harley but theyre limited with size and most only have the baby 883 motor.

if you wanna build something from scratch just suss the net for a rolling frame too suit your style.

it all depends what you want out of a bike mate.

pm me if you wanna talk about this properly and ill give you some hints.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back