how do you clean your bike?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coop88

Reaction score
hey guys

ive tried cleaning my bike with a pressure cleaner and it hardly does anything.. i was using detergent in warm water and scrubbing the bike down with a brush but that doesnt do much either.

is there a spray on type degreaser or something that loosens all the dirt up and then i can just hose it all off and its done?

also any ideas on how to keep the air filter/carby dry while washing it

cheers

Watt i do is hose bike down well! knock any big bits of dirt off.
Then use truck wash in buckit mixd with water - take brush wash scrub bike down well.
let soak for little bit
Then hose off! may need to use brush again

Can pot pastic bag over foam filter. I don't lol. just don't direct hose at filter when washing.

Truck wash soft brush and pressure wash will bring it up like new .

I use CT18 truck wash its magic stuff

Truck wash soft brush and pressure wash will bring it up like new .

I use CT18 truck wash its magic stuff

Yeah ct18 works well too.
im not pressure washer fan. forces water in places where shouldn't be.

Yeah ct18 works well too.
im not pressure washer fan. forces water in places where shouldn't be.

There good if you use them correctly alot of ppl hold it too close to the bike then they can cause all sorts of issues ... i find if i keep it a decent distance away i get less water in places i don't want it and i get a cleaner bike . The hose seems to saturate everything a lot more and leaves dirt behind as well .

yeah i dont really like pressure washing it either specially with all the little nooks and crannies. ive been using 2 freezer bags to cover my air filter but last time i washed it i just took the whole filter off and put a bag around the carby that seemed to work pretty well. had to take the filter off to clean it anyway

how much this ct truck wash set ya back? seems pointless even washign my bike cause it gets dirty as hell in 10 mins

There good if you use them correctly alot of ppl hold it too close to the bike then they can cause all sorts of issues ... i find if i keep it a decent distance away i get less water in places i don't want it and i get a cleaner bike . The hose seems to saturate everything a lot more and leaves dirt behind as well .

yer man thats true ay. hold it a metre away or so? be good if there was some kinda spray on stuff that you could squirt on and 10 mins later it was completely clean and didnt even need hosing haha hell lazy

CT18 is great stuff, like they said its as simple as wetting the bike first, spray on some mixed up CT18 with water, leave for about 20mins, come back hose off, done, take out get dirty and repeat.

yer man thats true ay. hold it a metre away or so? be good if there was some kinda spray on stuff that you could squirt on and 10 mins later it was completely clean and didnt even need hosing haha hell lazy

Just don't ride! talk about how fast you are lol. lots of people do that! (thats lazy)

Just put the bike away and ride it dirty next time. Or if you have nephews that like money $10 usually gets the to polish it

CT18 is pretty magic Stuff Coop88 but I'm afraid you will have to come back and wash it off 10 mins later

Latest posts

Back