How good are the Braaap 150s

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is the type r frame
236a7c838508547abcfd9d1cfe809393.jpg

The braaap/ycf factory pro frame.
54bee5d91165161387f6c63976228afb.jpg

Type r before i stripped it for a respray
a0fd63c47927cded9e10b9ee7ef3a391.jpg

The weight difference is amazing, and the linkage rear end of the type r handles so sweet.

Sent from my SM-T110 using Tapatalk

Wow that type r looks wicked is that shivers aswell??
That rear shock looks like its off a cr 80 or somthing?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Spot on mate, shivers and a cr80 shock. I just did an oil chnge on the shivers today actually, and have to get the rear shock re gassed over the next couple of weeks.

Thats mad looks like u made up your own mount there to bolt it on haha. It must be awsome to jump it!

Last edited:
From memory they are different, both in length and width. You can always getvthe headstem pressed out or lathed down though ;)

Fair enough haha well the tripple clamps are going to stay on it then lol.

Last edited:
Without fail all the braaap bike threads there's always negative comments , but you don't see negative posts about ycf's.
I won't bother reading another post about braaap bikes because they always end up being a flame fest. No linkage blah blah blah

if you want to check how long the rear shock should be , here's an easy quick way to check , but it sounds like you made up your mind about the bike early on.
My bike came with a 280mm shock and handled like a pig , after I measured it the bike actually needed a 260mm shock. , now it handles great.
Not all bikes come with the right length rear shock so it's a good thing to double check
This is the easiest way to measure the length rear shock you need

Download a protractor app onto your phone

Get some packers to pack under the wheels when they are needed , a couple of pieces of timber about 150mm long & about 10 to 20mm thick

Stand the bike on a bike stand

Take the rear shock out

Place your phone on the lower part of the fork leg (stanchion) and read how many degrees the fork angle is with the protractor app

You want to be around 26 degrees , I wouldn't go any less than that , so 27 is fine aswell

To get your fork angle to the correct degree place packers under the front wheel & keep checking until you get the fork angle to 26 degrees or 27

Once the fork angle is correct , measure the thickness of packers you placed under the front wheel

Now place the same amount of thickness under the rear wheel

Measure the eye to eye length where the rear shock bolts in

This measurement is how long the rear shock should be

Last edited:
Fair enough thanks mate so thats how u find out what length shock u should have in your bike.
Cheers for the info mate. Ill have a look at doing that when i get a chance.

And yeah its a very good bike heaps of fun and well made bikes :)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back