How hard is it to install a stator plate or a magneto?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its easy if u have a flywheel puller and a impact driver

getting the magneto off is not so hard just be patient but the screws on the stator plate are impossible to get out and i dont sugest you try without the propper tools if you wreck those screws your stuffed stator stays on there

ive got the part too
cause the one on my mso just stoped working 10 min into riding
so linda sent a new one
but yeah how much

impact driver:around 22 bux from bunnings
flywheel puller:50-100 bux from honda

thanks how much for the mechanic
i think ill just do that seeing as its not everyday that your megneto breaks

thats crap..
it shouldnt of even happend to the bike after 10 min riding

A proper sized flywheel remover is only $30 !!! You can get them from your local bike shop !!! and to remove the stator bolts I just use the correct sized screw driver which has 6 flat sides on the handle !! (you know them green ones that every one has !!) and a shifter ... I put the shifter on the handle about half way down, push on the end of the driver with one hand to provide the pressure against the screw and use the shifter like you were undoing a bolt !! very easy and I have never stuffed a screw yet !! :D

yeah i just grinded down an old screw driver so i could get the maximum drive out of her
that was after i half striped the heads
but hey it's up to you to learn from our mistakes

good luck

honda said they wont do it because its a pit bike so sick of people thinking pitbikes are the worst thing ever

and kawa said 100 bucks maybe more
they didnt even know the part
kept questioning weather it was a clutch plate i was talking about

the ol screw driver and shifer trick hey

and you've never stuffed a head hey

well i have 1 thing for ya u aint ever had a tight screw then

iv seen heads snap of screwdrivers they were that tight

speeking of tight

if ya cant afford a 18 buck impact driver then thats what i call TIGHT -ass

lol just get the right tools and be done with it

even hire the pully out to fellow members who want to do the ir install them selves also

charge 5 bucks plus post and im sure in a few weeks youll have ya coin back plus some

Quote from Snitchy : Well i have 1 thing for ya u aint ever had a tight screw then...

Answer : Let me assure ya dude, I've had many a tight screws !!!! hehe

Anyway, I ment never stuffed a screw on a stator plate !!! LOL...

Also, I've snaped planty of heads off of screw drivers before I've also snaped many spanners !! and most of my tools are good quaity too...

But your right! I should really have a impact driver but it's just one of those tools I never think about till I need it ! Kinder like a G-clamp !! I never remember to buy one but I always need one !!

For now the old screw driver and a shifter trick does the trick so...

Let me assure ya dude, I've had many a tight screws !!!! hehe

foolsp33d says: SID. keep it to ya self mate. be nice or dont post at all.. POST EDITED.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright so ill need an
impact driver (bunnings)
and a flywheel puller, Is there anywhere i can get one of theese that isent a motorbike shops because the ones around me are so over priced its a joke
is that all?

Latest posts

Back