How many links for a pit bike chain

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masso

Reaction score
hey a recently purchases a #420 chain which has 130 links and wanted to know if it will need to be cut or is it fine.

yeah mate it will probably be too long.
i bought one with 132 links and i had to cut some off.
just be careful not to cut too many off though, its better to be a bit long than too short.

so how many links do you think is just about right.

hard to say man.
it depends on what sprocket ratio you are running.
best to take the old chain off then move the wheel right up to the front of the swingarm then put the new one on and see whats left over.

get ya old chain. lye them down next to each other then just cut a couple of links shorter because your chain will stretch

But i sold my old bike and am currently building one from scratch and thats why i need to know how many links would be enough also would 102 chain links be alright.

mate you will have to wait until you are up to that stage of the build.

theres no point trying to guess it or you will waste your money guaranteed!!
just keep the new chain in the bag and concentrate on getting the next crucial part you will need.
also make sure you ask lots of questions BEFORE you buy stuff so you dont end up throwing money away on stuff that i'snt suitable and wont fit.

do ya wanna buy a red anodized bashplate by any chance??.....lol

sorry i would be interested in the bash plate because i am paint the frame and swing arm and bash plate gold.

or 20 all up but the thing is i think it will only fit an engine with electric start or you could modify it to fit.
its up to you

cut and move the mounts to suit your motor.
or get the hammer out and bend the tabs in a bit.
once again.
up to you mate

Latest posts

Back