How much are they really worth?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenuineThumpy

Reaction score
Hi guys, just lookin for some honest opinions and advice on what you think of my bike and how much it would be worth, I'm looking to either sell it or swap it for a bigger wheel based bike, something like maybe a pisterpro, full specs and history on it is it was originally a I think a 2006 genuine thumpstar 124cc pro, only 1 owner before me and I know he takes more care with his bikes than he does on his family, (lol) I know it's quite hard to find a genuine thumpstar in as good condition as mine, anyways. I bought it for $800, talked him down from $1300, the bike still has the original A-style swing arm and Cnc machine frame, after market is avs bi-fold levers, hi rise protaper bars and grips with quick turn throttle, fully adjustable fast ace forks, triple tree clamps and bar clamps, it has 12/12 motovert pro rims with green hubs and aftermarket heavy duty spokes, takegawa rear shock and that's pretty much it for the shell, the engine in it is a 150cc Lifan, with the lightweight flywheel, running a 30mm genuine Mikuni race carby, the engine had quite about of port work done to it, including the intake manifold, exhaust manifold and intake elbow all ported and polished, it has a 32mm big bore exhaust, probly the best sounding dirt bike I've ever heard, even sitting next to real named big bikes you can hear a very nice note coming from mine over theirs, anyways that's about all I can tell ya about it, very quick bike, can have it on the back wheel through all gears with ought dumping the clutch
So now I'm after some honest and professional opinions on what my bike is actually worth and what you think about it, and add a bit of detail on your experiences with the genuine thumpsters, are they over priced or are you getting a good quality bike for the thousands that you pay for them,
Weather you have a negative or positive opinion on it I'd just like the honesty on it, cause I plan on upgrading from mine and would just like to know how much it is worth.

After taking care of atleast 10 pitbikes at a time on my mates property when everyone has thrashed them
the brand does not mean crap motovert, thumpster and of cause some atomiks the thumpsters may have been put to gether better at first from the factory (everything is well put together and nice and tight) whereas it seems the atomiks are thrown together with little care and certainly built to money specs
okay re-wrote this post atleast 5 times and i cant get to a point..

here is the point... Take care of it, have a frame that fits you and feels nice with quality suspension and a motor with a kinda fresh tranny then its probably worth 1/2 the price of suspension new and about 1/2 of the price of the motor new +some of the upgrades should be considered.. thats a price i would be happy with, plus other parts also and things like tires and chain, sprockets

i would also add up what you could build the bike for and see if its worth the wear on the parts that they have approximately done judging on there weight, how much they ride not what they say they ride

also would need pics to make a judgement when there up i will edit the post on the guestimated value

Yes I know that some bikes are put together a bit better than others, n I know all bikes last aslong as you take care of it, but I don't see an atomik, a dhz or any mild class bike for that matter coming anywhere close to the raw quality of a thumpstar, I can't add up a price to build it cause half the parts can't be bought these days, I was told back in the day the frame itself is worth $1500, I don't k know if that is crap or not but that's why I'm asking the opinions of the forum, for people who would know more about this bike than me, I don't know how they would match up to the bikes these days but I know quite a lot of people who back in the day would consider the thumpstar being the best of the best in quality, power, performance and handling and would out do any bike bike, I'm not at all saying that my bike craps all over everyone else's, I know there are quite a few bikes that I would consider a better bike than mine, but I wouldn't even consider matching up any atomik, dhz or whatever to it, here is a few pictures anyway, the fastace front end is only a few months old, the engine has only just gone through its second tank, Kenda tyres with 90% tread, the whole bike itself is in pretty much perfect condition, so I'm looking to see. If anyone of you we're in the position of buying my bike, how much would you pay, what's bad about it, what's good about an what's your experience with them,

i had genuine thumpstar when they 1st came out , all i can see thats thumpstar on that is like frame , forks are diff , motor looks diff , but fork and motor were 1 of the let downs with them bikes , along with alot of other stuff.
No a big fan of the china stuff as most know :) haha
This bikes probly better anyways , but whats it worth lol how long is a piece of string? how deeps a hole ?

the a-frame is the only let down on the bike imo.. i would probably pay 800 for it but thats just me..

i would say anywhere between $400-$600 bucks, if somebody knows anything about frames you might get $600-700 that would be my thoughts.

thats what im after hearing thanks guys,,
what didnt you like about the engine mini mullisha? when i bought this the bloke gave me the original thumpstar engine with it, chucked it in another bike i just made from scrap in my shed and it runs great, alot of power.

so yeah im planning on either getting something along the lines of a pitster pro or maybe thinking of custom building one up, gonna need the dosh so seeing what i would get out of my bike, probably wont sell it along the lines of 4-5-600 since ive payed that in the last couple of months on upgrades(taking in consideration im not expecting to get back what i payed on upgrades), might just chuck on the $800 i originally paid for it n see where it goes, gave me $800 of fun over the months so id be happy i guess,
maybe i could find someone who loves them as much as me and sell it for a bit more, but i see quite a few of them forsale going for 1k+ stock standard not in that good condition, and people are buying them :S i know the bloke in my local pitbike shop are selling them for $3000, i thought that was a bit steep, but i spose its all in opinions on what people think of them,

deffinately agree with you mini that the forks are crap, got rid of them as soon as i could but apart from that i found the rest of the bike quite well built up.

ask the bloke in the mini shop if you can put your bike in there :p
then if it takes to long to sell for 1500 then chuck her on ebay and then expect around 800 - 1k

ask the bloke in the mini shop if you can put your bike in there :p
then if it takes to long to sell for 1500 then chuck her on ebay and then expect around 800 - 1k

ha, was actually thinking about that today, might be a good idea, business for him aint going the greatest atm tho, kids jst aint much into there minis these days(around my area), probly gets %60 of his business from me, but will deffinately look into it if it seel it might give him some motovation to put the nasty price tag on the genuine thumpstars in there down!, i hear he is a bit of a prick when he advertises for other people thogh, cant really explain it but he kinda hides the bikes he sells for other people. like he doesnt litterally put it outta site, but he puts them in a corner that people dont think to look when they are looking at the bikes

Latest posts

Back