how much dirt do i need?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lochie04

Reaction score
hey just wondering how much dirt i would need in cubic metres to make a downy for an aussie comp ramp
thanks

A shitload I would think... Not sure how big the ramp is though.. LOL..

But try putting shit underneath it first.. Like tyres, things like that, then the dirt on top or it would end up being costly..

Also put a sign out front or your house or a main road saying drop off dirt for free, shit like that, companies will be happy to so they don't have to pay to get the shit dumped..

good luck with it mate.

yeah true i reckon just get some land fill company to come dump all there dirt on your property then just make more jumps with the left over dirt

you should make the downramp 1m heigher then the up ramp so like 4m .it should be steep at the top and mellow out in the middle / bottom like (40foot long). and about 15/20 foot wide . with a 10 + food saftey deck.

Shit load more then 5 cubic metres!

Aussie comps are pretty big.

i would think more like 20 cubic metres....

Shit yeah... Like I said in my post earlier, just put some signs out, talk to some earth moving companies and get them to drop some dirt at your joint or where ever you are setting up the ramp... It doesn't look to have a huge lip so the downy will have to be long and not as steep?

a huge lip ? that ramp will send you flying an aussie comp ramp is steeper than an american comp ramp and thats what all the freestylers use.

yeh its is heaps big and thanks for your opinins guys i might put a sighn up aye
thanks heaps

Give some places a call too, automotive shops pay to get rid of tyres if im correct so you could probably get some for free to put under dirt so less dirt needed, also give people who put pools iin a call as they have to take out a lot of dirt and once again have to pay to get rid of it, even if you give em $100 or so, still work out a lot cheaper

tyre shops will give you as meany as you want .if you live in brizzy ill pm you my dads mates number he puts in pools

yeh im a third of the way through it now and that took me a day with a skid stear and now i have no dirt left so i will ring around now
thanks for ideas

go for a drive around building estates n shit with a big trailer n scoop it up :p
building up the down ramp with tyres, logs etc will mean less dirt and probs make it last longer...topping it up as needed

Latest posts

Back