How much oil?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjc85

Reaction score
Just fixed my Orion 125cc after it being broken for about 2 months, changed the stator over and it is all good again. I forgot how much oil i need? Is it 500mL ?

Yeah, around a liter sounds more like it. The info sheet on these bikes arent accurate. Mine said 1.1 liter. Knowing that oil is available in 1, 4 or 5 liter containers, I merely put in 1 liter. That was even 100ml short of what it said it needed but i ignored it.

Took out the bike and first thing I noticed it didnt go as quick as it did. Suspecting too much oil, I unscrewed the dipstick and stood the bike vertically before re-checking the level and oil dripped from the filler! I think I must've taken out about 200ml before the dipstick showed a proper level.

I have a 110cc. Probably a 125 may have a bit larger capacity so a liter may just be right. Anyhow, read through the dipstick for a final measure.

Yeh my pitty uses around 700 - 800ml , it just depends on ya engnie.

"Too Much Oil Is Better Than Not Enough"

On my Lifan 125 I noticed that you aren't supposed to thread the dipstick back in to take the oil level. Just sit it back in the top. I use the sight glass anyway but some engines don't have 'em. It's supposed to take 850ml.

is it bad to overfill? wont it go out though the overflow

I'd agree with 1100ml ... Just checked my 4L Honda bottle, I've used 2200ml for 2 oil changes on my Ducar....

"No because you can overfill"

When your filling it back up you stop every now an then a check the dipstick level. That is why 4 strokes have dip sticks...

Although the capacity may be a given figure, your not filling from dry and its likely you wont get all the oil out.

If i overfill ive got a sump pump, but you could just let a little out thru the sump plug.

Latest posts

Back