How To Adjust Valves! Urgent

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Na$hY14

Reaction score
hey i tried to adjust my valves just then and
i dont have a clue on what im doing. does anyone know
a site with pictures of how to do it or can anyone tell me?
thanks guys

hmmmmmmm......... assuming a 125cc, remove valve caps on head, remove lh engine cover so you can spin motor over easily, forget using feeler guages if your amateur just get adjusters to "just" touch valve tips, easy....

im too tired, someone elaborate or point out a thread...... sorry, nash mate super tired!!!

go to bbr motorsport web page and they have a video you can watch. its a c*!t of a job to get right (or my valves or something else is rooted).

mms://media.bbrmotorsports.com/How_To/Windows/CRF50_ValveAdj_Win.wmv

Paste that into explorer and the video should open in Windows media player.

hmmmmmmm......... assuming a 125cc, remove valve caps on head, remove lh engine cover so you can spin motor over easily, forget using feeler guages if your amateur just get adjusters to "just" touch valve tips, easy....

im too tired, someone elaborate or point out a thread...... sorry, nash mate super tired!!!

wtf ?? just touch??

use feeler guages FFS or dont bother fucking around with things

go to bbr motorsport web page and they have a video you can watch. its a c*!t of a job to get right (or my valves or something else is rooted).

its piss easy

screw and locknut , doesnt get much easier than that

not sayin its hard. jus done it 5 times and me bike still wont run. ya cant check if its runnin rite until the caps and covers are back on. gives ya the shits when ya adjust it n put it back together and it runs worse. like i said but it prob aint me adjustment but somin else screwing me ova.

if you set the valves correctly and turn it over and check again and again
then if the bike still isnt running right then you have other probs

i would be checking timing and carb

what is the prob exactly in detail ?

ive tried everythin i can find in these forums, valves, timing, cleaned carbi, new air filter, plug, fuel, checked electrics. everytime i think its fixed it runs sweet when i ride it up the street but as soon as i get to the track it dont last 5 mins b4 it just splutters and conks at high and low revs. its like a certain engine temperature or somin sets it off. had enough of no ridin so the new 125 motor on its way should fix it.

could be something like your stator or magneto going on the fritz, maybe your coil even and without replacments unfortunatly i dont think there is a way to check these. also may have something to do with a carbie because when you lean the bike it may have something to do with the fuel level in the carbie on a left / right turn... trust me as much as it sounds like a crock it does happen, my mates z50 did it all the time. new carbie and 2 kicks later she hasnt missed a beat.

with regard to valves just follow that vid from BBR, i checked it out and thats how everyone does it with FEELER gaudges, dont do it to touch, thats a terrible idea in my opinion, cant go wrong with feeler gaudges. if you still are uneasy about it get someone else to do it and you watch.

Cheers, Tony.

Latest posts

Back