how to bleed your brakes?

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtasy

Reaction score
hey guys,

can someone tell me how to bleed my brakes? i know your suppose to uncap that thing on the brakes and then start pumping the brakes down, what other stuff are you suppose to do?

Bleeding brakes is an easy job if you know how, if you don`t its hell.

if you havent done this yet, first assemble your new brakes to the bike, then open the fluid-reservoir on the handlebar, remove any sealing that might be present, get a bottle of a leading brand DOT4 brakefluid, dont try to save cash on the fluid, fill the reservoir to the brim and then start pumping your brake, pump until you are blue in the face, you should see the fluid-level drop in the reservoir, fill more fluid in and then attatch an fuel-line to the bleed-nipple on the caliper, and rout the line in to a can of some sorts, this to prevent fluids from spilling on your disc and yourself, pump the brake some more AND KEEP THE LEVER DEPRESSED, now open the bleed-nipple without releasing the brake, this will pump air present in the line out of the system, close the nipple still without releasing the lever, pump the lever again and repeat the bleeding, you will have to do this a few times before you will feel any brake-pressure, keep doing this until nothing but fresh fluid exits the nipple. but remember to keep an eye on the reservoir, don`t let it run dry because this will pump more air in the system, and DO NOT release the brake-lever without closing the bleed-nipple as this will suck the air back into the line.

any questions?

when you get a brand new bike (eg. my mso 140s) do u have to bleed the brakes?

I needed to on mine but it just depends if you get lemon brakes or not.

I am having great difficulties with mine at the moment. Just spent about an hour doing the above proccedure and still absolutely nothing. No pressure at all. And not much fluid is coming out when i did it.

It all started when i decided to bleed my brakes for the hell of it. (i didnt have a problem, i'd just had my bike for 8 months and thought why not?) Anyway, now they are completely stuffed. Any ideas? Is is possible to gravity bleed these brakes?

lol if you searched a little better you would of got the thread with the video in it :)

trying to bleed my back brakes, followed all the instructions on the vids.......at first i thought the piston was seized so i took it all apart and sprayed some wd40 in there, loosened it right off and then bled them with no pads in so i could see the piston actually wind out. (which it did)

now my question is this, if the pads are really worn is it possible that the piston could be fully extended and still not have enough to make the brakes pad work???

I thought this seemed highly unlikely but i'm out of idea's as to why these wont bleed or work properly......perhaps the piston isnt fully extending i dunno!

i bleed my brakes and hydrolic clutches almost the same as in the video the only difference i do is the catch container the guy has on the floor mine is a 1.25L coke bottle cut in half and filled with brake fluid around an inch deep i than submerge the other end of the clear hose and u must hold the coke bottle and hose above the caliper undo the nipple and pump untill there is no air in the clear hose or it has changed colour if changing the fluid bleeding the brakes this way u dont need to hold the lever in while doing up the nipple easy peezy i just done the hydrolic clutch on my ZX7R this afternoon the front and rear brakes will be getting done over the weekend also keep in mind this method works with either fluid still in your hose or in my case today a totally empty brake system

Latest posts

Back