how to change fork oil in atomick 140 big foot

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil29

Reaction score
================

---------------

Last edited:
pull the forks out of the tripple clamps, remove the top cap, drail oil and refill... (measure what you drain so you know how much to put back in, as each fork may contain a different amount of oil) but they roughly hold 100-150ml of oil

fork oil off course, or you can buy automatic gearbox oil, its the same as 15w (suited for riders 60-70kilo) but yes that is pritty much how you do it... there will be bolts on either side of the tripple clamps and they should slide out!

You have to pump the damper rod (it will be attached to the underside of the top cap) up and down to get all of the oil out, otherwise you will just change what is in the outer chamber and not what is in the damper, which will mix with the new oil when you ride it.

thanks crazzy1 i weigh 65 kg i wasnt sure if fork oil came in diffrent grades like 15 w 40 witch grade is best 4 my weight thanks 4 the reply crazzy chewy how do i pump the dampner rods once i tacke the top caps of thanks 4 the help

I put 20wt in my atomik which is good for jumps, but I think a 10 or 15wt would be better for general riding.
Just hold the fork upside down and pump the rod up and down, you'll figure it out. keep going until nothing comes out of the fork.

You can just pump it by hand, spin it upside down and push in and out for a while.

I would leave them over night upside down if i were you, but up to you, either way.

thank u all 4 that i think i do that no probs just never had to do it b4

No worries Phil29

The first time i did it on my big bike i was like lost completely.

But it only took me once to know how to do it.

Latest posts

Back