how to do doughies

Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum

Help Support Mini Dirt Bikes & Pit Bikes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtasy

Reaction score
hey guys,

ive seen alot of people doing doies on grass and ripping up the park! always wanted to know how? do i have to use the back brakes or the fronnt? :D :D

Feet on the ground ones?

OR

Standing on the foot pegs and doing it?

Because if your standing on the ground lean the bike over a bit then rev it and drop the clutch the thing with start spinning the wheel and going around in circles.

If your standing the pegs it's a little harder but not difficult just lean forward put the front brake on and rev and release clutch and the back wheel will start spinning but make sure you don't lock the front break or you will fall over make sure there is enough slipping so that the bike still moves forward a little.

Because if your standing on the ground lean the bike over a bit then rev it and drop the clutch the thing with start spinning the wheel and going around in circles.

if i drop the clutch while revving would the bike pop up? i hardly eva just drop the clutch always let it out slowly .

Stand up on your bike in 1st roll at 5km hold the clutch in rev it a bit then dump the clutch and hold the front brake at the same time.BUt dont hold the brake on to hard so the bike doesnt move. HOld just enough so you can controll the speed you want to do. learn On grass/gravel first and just learn how to do burnouts in a straight line once you have the hang off that start doing big dowies once you can do that start moving in closer and closer

Last edited:
Dont need the brake at all, lean over and put your foot down and gun it so the back wheel doesnt get traction (like a burnout) and move it around in a circle. Will be easier on a slippery surface (as long as you dont fall down).

ok i just went down to the park and tried it in first ... im very dizzy now rofl .. but it didnt full rip up like i wanted it too :( i think its because ive got small tires on my bike .

Flarry i think you may have miss read what i wrote you need the brake if you are standing on the foot pegs so that you move slowly but if your leaning it over don't use the brake just like i said before.

Last edited:
Yeah just go for it and dont think about it, thats my theory to everything. ;)

I don't know about that being really sound advice. Sometimes thinking about it can psych you out of doing something but planning can sometimes be a big help like if it's something that requires technique like doing a wheelie or a stoppie so asking people and watching them can be a major part in making progress.

try it in second gear, the faster that little tire spins the more grass its gonna rip up, you don't need to rev it and drop the clutch. just roll slowly that you pretty much idling in second put your left foot on the ground and turn left and lean down whilst gunning it, have fun.lol

I don't want to be the fun sheriff but I hope for gods sake that you not doing it at the local park as in council park/sports field!! your going to a ride park right,,, arn't ya!!

Latest posts

Back